Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I think if a person is fairly young (I realize that "young" is a relative term) and healthy, influenza is not going to kill them. My step-dad, however gets the flu shot and has two pneumonia shots (I don't know if those are one-time shots or he gets them every year) because of his lung damage from his foundry work. Either influenza or pneumonia will kill him. I don't get a shot every year - depends on my mood, I guess. But this year I will get one. My mom has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, and will likely need radiation or chemo. Since I work in a Petri dish, I will get the flu shot so I don't drag anything home to her. I may need to take her to treatments and such, so I don't want to take chances on exposing her to it.
Oh bobbi Im so sorry about your mom! Lots of prayers and :hugs:hugs:hugs

I have one warm foot...
(Ever since my injury, the nerve damage changed my right foot's ability to regulate heat. So odd. :) )

:barnie

Been several years since my shingles, and my right hand still isn't back to normal due to nerve damage; doubt it ever will be.

My mom had permanent nerve damage from shingles too. :(

No, we visited our son in Tucson, Az. One weekend. Then she left to visit her brother ( he was diognosed with terminal cancer the day we left for Tucson) in Michigan the next weekend. Got home to Houston and the next day got the phone call that he had passed.:th Back for the Funeral.

Hope you son was ok. Big animals on hwys can be dangerous.

:hit I'm sorry!!! :hugs

Went to the ER after 3 days of pain in my shoulder. Now i have a sling and Motrin for heavens sake, like that is going to help so much. And the pharmacy is not even open to fill my rx. So i am feeling just as lousy as i did when i went in there. They said my xrays look ok, but i probably have bursitis. I have been mostly resting for 3 days already , with 0 improvement. They said i can go to the ortho doc if it doesn't get better. I was hoping for a steroid shot in the joint. Sigh.

:(:hugs

Nope! Don't know that I trust them. Got a flu shot once, though. It worked great; I got the flu!

I know that's what they always say. . but I've gotten sick every time I have gotten a flu shot.
And no. . I am not allergic to eggs.

This is exactly how its always effected me & my dad. I told my kids pediatrician that & she said that some people really do react that way. He & I both always had issues with tetanus shots too, not being able to even move the arm for 5 days after. :he

I think if a person is fairly young (I realize that "young" is a relative term) and healthy, influenza is not going to kill them. My step-dad, however gets the flu shot and has two pneumonia shots (I don't know if those are one-time shots or he gets them every year) because of his lung damage from his foundry work. Either influenza or pneumonia will kill him. I don't get a shot every year - depends on my mood, I guess. But this year I will get one. My mom has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, and will likely need radiation or chemo. Since I work in a Petri dish, I will get the flu shot so I don't drag anything home to her. I may need to take her to treatments and such, so I don't want to take chances on exposing her to it.

I'm sorry about your mom bobbi! :hugs Breast cancer has a large number of survivors these days & I hope & pray your mom is another one that can be added to that growing list. :hugs We all got used to wearing face masks when my sister was sick. I told myself that it was very Asian Chic.:thumbsup

Dear Pond,
You guys are a mess today. Please tell me its not contagious.
Yours truly,
R. OB. :hugs

I have one of those, too, but it's stuck on a single station, that we can't pick up enough to hear anything but static. The tuner doesn't work. I think there's probably a belt or string that controls a pulley, & it's failed. IDK.
It's basic simply a rubber band... in fact you can replace it with one

What’s happening in England? I’m on a load and don’t watch the news or listen to the radio while driving (just the CB)
Basically May's Coherts are all resigning and her political enemies are in the middle of a coup.
They say the military is getting ready in case peace needs to be kept......:eek:

Went to the ER after 3 days of pain in my shoulder. Now i have a sling and Motrin for heavens sake, like that is going to help so much. And the pharmacy is not even open to fill my rx. So i am feeling just as lousy as i did when i went in there. They said my xrays look ok, but i probably have bursitis. I have been mostly resting for 3 days already , with 0 improvement. They said i can go to the ortho doc if it doesn't get better. I was hoping for a steroid shot in the joint. Sigh.
Been there done that.....:hugs
Hope it gets better.

:barnie

My mom had permanent nerve damage from shingles too. :(

:hit I'm sorry!!! :hugs

:(:hugs

This is exactly how its always effected me & my dad. I told my kids pediatrician that & she said that some people really do react that way. He & I both always had issues with tetanus shots too, not being able to even move the arm for 5 days after. :he

I'm sorry about your mom bobbi! :hugs Breast cancer has a large number of survivors these days & I hope & pray your mom is another one that can be added to that growing list. :hugs We all got used to wearing face masks when my sister was sick. I told myself that it was very Asian Chic.:thumbsup

Dear Pond,
You guys are a mess today. Please tell me its not contagious.
Yours truly,
R. OB. :hugs
I guess I can't say for certain that I got the flu, it's not like I went to the Dr. But it felt like the flu. Used to be required to get the shot when I worked at the nursing home. Haven't gotten one sine ai quit there and never had those symptoms since. Maybe it is in my head...but I blame the shots!!

Nope! Don't know that I trust them. Got a flu shot once, though. It worked great; I got the flu!
I have to get the flu shot every year..... (bad lungs.... very bad).... but in the last 25 years I've only got the flu twice. Even though my wife gets the flu every years and spends about10 days in bed. I have to take care of her.
I wish they would allow me to get the chicken pox vaccine... I've had then 3 times in my life.
2 real mild cases when I was young.
One really really bad case when i was 26.
It was heck. .... dr. Said it was second worst case she ever saw.

That sounds like a capital idea for 9 acres! I don't know that I'd plant a food plot to corn, though, unless you have a way to fence them out. I planted 3 rows once; the deer ate every sprig of it before it was 4" high. Red top clover, millet, sugar beets, or sorgum are all good choices & would probably fare better.

Get on the Whitetail Institute's web site & see what they reccommend. At one time they'd send out several free packets of different seeds for you to plant & see what the deer prefer. They probably still do.
Because of CWD I guess they are not allowing any bait next year. I'm gonna drag my tiller back behind the house and till that clearing back there and plant rye grass.
It's private but the people that own it aren't gonna care..... there's another 100 acres back there that haven't seen a human footprint in the last 20 years that I've been here.
I'm friendss with all them..... they have 300 acres across the road..... used to belong to their dad.... now it is all a family thing.

I guess I can't say for certain that I got the flu, it's not like I went to the Dr. But it felt like the flu. Used to be required to get the shot when I worked at the nursing home. Haven't gotten one sine ai quit there and never had those symptoms since. Maybe it is in my head...but I blame the shots!!
I really figured if I'm not sick in bed...(and I'm no wimp... had a life of health issues) for days on end is not the flu.
I had a cold 3 years ago that lasted 6 weeks...I was miserable.... having to grasp for air the whole time. But it didn't put me down for the count.... and I never ran a fever.
When I get the flu I'm deathly ill for days in end. And I'm used to not feeling well...

Back
Top Bottom