Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

6736032A-B3DF-4394-91B3-D396D571E71F.jpeg
C51F4A50-26EE-4959-B4B7-F39794A6B275.jpeg

We are having a snow storm today, sigh. So much for spring here. It's going to me a nasty mix of snow and rain later as it warms up too, and it's going to go right through to tomorrow.

And I wanted to use the today to continue with my after-winter coop cleanouts, because my NPIP testing is Thursday, and I like to have nice clean coops for that. Looks like it's not gonna happen though.
The nice thing about snow in March is, it’s not going to last long.

Good morning Pond :frow
Its sunny and warming up nicely today. Hope to get some outside work done....:fl

Lost my quotes.. :th
Hope it stays nice for you!

Going to be doing some experimental breeding this year; chickens x ducks. Web-footed, strong swimming chickens to handle the constant mud & standing water. :he
Might be better, come to think of it, to make little surfboards for them & teach them to "hang 6"

Going to be doing some experimental breeding this year; chickens x ducks. Web-footed, strong swimming chickens to handle the constant mud & standing water. :he

Youve Got to send me eggs! I almost didnt continue w Anything feather footed after my first year of muck.

Wv i see youve still got cochin, ive been researching breeding mine but i need a cockrel. My girls are getn up in chicken yrs and altho theyll have a retirement home i dont wanna loose them forever! i Have to get chicks off of em! One is jubilee and the other is frizzled black. The frizzle is an excellent mother, the jubilee is untested but id wager a heafty bet on her one eyed self! These are the only two birds i kept thru all my hiatus no matter what.

March MUD & WIND are not favorites of mine.
I think MUD season is going to be here for a while. There is still quite a bit of snow to melt.

I will be waiting for pictures of these web-footed hybrids! Or of chickens on surf boards.

Back
Top Bottom