Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

bobbi-j

Crossing the Road
Mar 15, 2010
On the MN prairie.
View attachment 2350241

FREE to good home. Well, any home really. At this point I don't give a shit what kind of home this inconsiderate jerk goes to: %$##HOLE ROOSTER. He's the perfect rooster if your alarm is broken and you need to be awake at 5:30 a.m. That is his only setting, 5:30. He has no snooze button but will be quiet just long enough for you to fall back to sleep and then he'll start back up with his obnoxious cock-a-doodle-doing right outside of your windows. It's like he knows where you sleep and can zone in on that particular window so maybe he has some sort of special x-ray vision where he can see sleeping people behind walls. He is also a perfect rooster if you want to start running... around your yard... while you're trying to get away from him. He no longer goes after me as he is also an instructor of interpretive dance. Or at least that's what I imagine it looked like as I went after him flapping my arms, jumping up and down, kicking at him, yelling and screaming, and swinging a mop in his direction. So, if you're looking for an alarm clock with the only setting being 5:30 a.m., a personal trainer and a dance instructor, I have the perfect rooster that is able to fill all 3 of those positions FOR FREE! But you're coming out to catch this a__hole, I want to see your first interpretive dance lesson.
Sounds like “Stew” would be a good name for him...

Alaskan

The Frosted Flake
Premium Feather Member
Jul 26, 2008
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
My Coop
@Pyxis

@casportpony

Question... in my hatch, the earliest to hatch crawled all over the eggs.. and did something funky to its leg.

I am sure it looked fine at hatch, but then just looked like splay leg... so I hobbled for a day, just took off the tape, and now it looks maybe dislocated?????

But my kid #2 who perfectly popped back into place a dislocated leg a year or two back... can feel no obvious dislocation or oddness in there.....

Not sure what to try next....

Ideas?

Last edited:

Alaskan

The Frosted Flake
Premium Feather Member
Jul 26, 2008
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
My Coop
So, photos. I know the toes on the left foot look a bit bent, but I am thinking that is due to the pain or balance...

Note the right leg is held way out, which is why I thought dislocation... but again kid #2 couldn't feel any oddness in there.

Also note the sore on the injured leg... looks bigger than it did at first... at first I thought the chick had just scraped it on an egg shell ....

But now it looks more impressive.

Anyway, at a loss, I put a hobble back on. :idunno

20200927_174817.jpg
20200927_174803.jpg
20200927_174750.jpg
20200927_174732.jpg
20200927_174701.jpg

Top Bottom