Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Alaskan

The Frosted Flake
Premium Feather Member
Jul 26, 2008
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
My Coop
Well my SIL decided we were living like barbarians the last 4mos without a Keurig & sent us one. :rolleyes: I’ll be honest, I’m never gonna be able to transition back to it. I tried 3 different brands of coffee in there this morning (including my normal one) & they all were undrinkable. I finally gave up & made a cup in my beloved, faithful French press. :oops: I guess she can use it the next time she visits.
Yeah... the environmental waste on the Keurig bugs me... French presses are fantastic.. hard to break too, especially since the one we own now is all metal.

Alaskan

The Frosted Flake
Premium Feather Member
Jul 26, 2008
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
My Coop
Coming up on the 1 year anniversary of my wife's suicide. I still won't sleep in that bedroom. Bobbies 6 year old daughter sleeps there now. She loves the water bed.
I totally get that.

Not the same thing... but I found my dad's one year death anniversary really hard.

:hugs

LittleLakePhil

Crossing the Road
Sep 25, 2015
Little lake Michigan
I totally get that.

Not the same thing... but I found my dad's one year death anniversary really hard.

:hugs
Yeah December 7th is gonna suck.... Bobbies mom wants us over there for Thanksgiving. Covid is rabid here now.... her lips turn blue she breathes So bad..... because she's seriously obese. They treat this like it's nothing. I admit I've not been worried about it til now. And I think the only reason I'm So concerned now is there is an end in sight now. But they want to have this huge family gathering.....I think I'll have a fever that day.

Alaskan

The Frosted Flake
Premium Feather Member
Jul 26, 2008
Kenai Peninsula, Alaska
My Coop
Yeah December 7th is gonna suck.... Bobbies mom wants us over there for Thanksgiving. Covid is rabid here now.... her lips turn blue she breathes So bad..... because she's seriously obese. They treat this like it's nothing. I admit I've not been worried about it til now. And I think the only reason I'm So concerned now is there is an end in sight now. But they want to have this huge family gathering.....I think I'll have a fever that day.
Yeah... you suddenly feeling bad on Thanksgiving sounds like a good plan.

Didn't you think you had covid already? Like back in March??? (And yeah, I have heard immunity only lasts about 6 months..)

sourland

Broody Magician
Premium Feather Member
May 3, 2009
New Jersey
Realistically, I think that's a good move.

penny1960

Yippity do Da Yippity ay
Premium Feather Member
Dec 29, 2015
Mossyrock, WA
There is the one Son and his wife in Shelton .. Her parents live there also ..
He wants his Dad and James to meet them for dinner to exchange gifts.. Not going to happen Olympia has allot more covid than we do here..
Told him No way ...even his brother going could bring it back to here

Top Bottom