Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Anyone else up besides Sir Sour?
1604321741752.png

Anyone know how to reset the clocks on the animals??? Darn cat and dog this morning!!!! I could not convince them that it was 5 a.m. NOT 6 a.m.!!!!
I wish. I too was woken by a hungry dog a little after 5am. :he I feel like the last month of very little sleep is catching up with me.

After the dog ate & I went back to sleep I dreamed I rescued a giant Great Pyrenees that I could snuggle with. Hey K, you got any puppies for sale?

Well.... what a day

First kid 2 accidentally sliced through the fuel oil pipe trying to pop away an ice chunk by the leaking water spigot.

Then kid 2 did his chores and came in the house with a mostly dead chicken. His chores are the bantams, the rest of the flock look fine..

Then kid 3 took forever researching to see if he could fix the pipe.

Then we decided maybe not.

Then I started calling for professional help, and the first 2 people I tried, repeatedly, weren't answering.

Then I tried calling the fuel delivery people for a recommendation... took 4 tries to get them on the line... the first suggestion they gave me I answered with "really? They are the most expensive people on town. Isn't there someone else?" They said true, try these other people, they are really good, and never screw anyone over, very Christian. I agreed.

So I called the Christian outfit, they DID answer the phone on the first try and said they were insanely backed up. I answered, yep, because you do great work, you are ALWAYS insanely backed up. But they had a list of 4 different guys that I could call.

I called, the first of their list of 4, he answered, he said he was really backed up, had 6 people in front of me... but he would call around, see what he could do, and call me back in 5.

He DID call me back in 5, said that he had a guy that had to fix the heat for a place the next town over, but after that could come up to me.

:th

Also... spouse is grumpy... still dieting.

Mostly dead chicken is on my lap with a blanket over her.

After an hour of sitting with first a kid, and now me, she is slightly less dead looking, but still bad.

Her face color is good, but she is pretty skinny. Dunno... I will let her continue to slowly warm up, for another hour or 2, then see if she wants to eat, drink, and live... if not..... guess we have to kill her.

No idea how old she is... The pure bred hens look the same to me.

And THIS IS WHY daylight savings time is BAD, VERY, VERY BAD!!!!

Back
Top Bottom