Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

4 wrecks out on one stretch of road this afternoon...

One of the wrecks was our kid, kid #3.

His first.

(Well... he has slid into ditches.... but no damage)

Anyway.... cops were called, he has 2 points on his license....

He hit the guy in front of him... but the guy he hit is 1. A friend of ours, and 2. It was a huge truck with a huge road sander in the back.

Dented the sander, not hard to reweld it into shape... and so the friend said insurance didn't have to be called.

Kid's truck has an impressively dented front end and was ONLY on liability. He had bought it for $1,200 so didn't think full insurance was a good idea.

Anyway..... not sure the kid will be able to fix it... we towed it to his work (he was on the way to work and almost there).... he is now working...dragging huge equipment out 7 miles through a frozen snow-covered swamp. His boss said he would get him home tonight.... whenever it is he is done :idunno
Poor kid will he ever live it down :gig

Bummer about his vehicle. Maybe he'll be able to fix it. Did it hurt the radiator?
Not sure yet.... he had to go right to work after managing to tow it to work.

He is working tomorrow too... so I might not have a good report until Sunday..... might take that long before he can really look it over (and I can't see it since it didn't get home). I sure hope he can smack it back into working order... I know the hood was crumpled (he had to remove the hood so he could see while he was towed - by a strap attached to a vehicle in front of him)... it towed just fine, so that hopefully means the frame etc. is good.

So yep, the question is how is the radiator, the engine, and all the rest of the parts under the mangled hood.

Not sure yet.... he had to go right to work after managing to tow it to work.

He is working tomorrow too... so I might not have a good report until Sunday..... might take that long before he can really look it over (and I can't see it since it didn't get home). I sure hope he can smack it back into working order... I know the hood was crumpled (he had to remove the hood so he could see while he was towed - by a strap attached to a vehicle in front of him)... it towed just fine, so that hopefully means the frame etc. is good.

So yep, the question is how is the radiator, the engine, and all the rest of the parts under the mangled hood.
Sounds like the steering is alright at least. Maybe he'll get lucky.

Good Morning, Pond!
Visiting oldest DS and family this weekend. Last night we went out for pizza. Oldest GD (5) blew her straw wrapper and got me right in the middle of the forehead. When I asked her who taught her that, her father said,”The one who taught her that learned it from you. You have no one to blame but yourself.” 😆 Me: “So that was that ‘thunk’ I just heard. The apple falling from the tree.”

Good Morning, Pond!
Visiting oldest DS and family this weekend. Last night we went out for pizza. Oldest GD (5) blew her straw wrapper and got me right in the middle of the forehead. When I asked her who taught her that, her father said,”The one who taught her that learned it from you. You have no one to blame but yourself.” 😆 Me: “So that was that ‘thunk’ I just heard. The apple falling from the tree.”
We were at a McDonald’s in Newark, NJ in about ‘83 when my mother taught us that. I remember my chicken nugget had a bone in it, and it was the first time I had barbecue sauce.

Happy Saturday Pond Perps. Finally a day at home to rest and be lazy by the fire. Been cold here, hovering around freezing. The wind is the worst.

Good news though, deer meat in the freezer! Yay! Neighbor got one earlier in the week and gave it to us, and I got a doe yesterday. My actual first with a rifle! I usually do the archery thing since rifle season is so cold. But this past summer, we moved an old building on our property, so I sat in it with a heater and was able to persevere.

Deer jerky :drool

Back
Top Bottom