Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

For Al-taken near the Horicon Marsh this week (not by me) our cranes have left us pushed by the last cold front.
1663942484217.jpeg

Morning everyone!! I'm baaaaaaack! :cool:
Finally got our killing frost (26o F) this morning so I can finally put the last of the herb garden to bed. Way later than a normal year for us. I always delay the last summer coop cleaning until this happens so I can dump all that fertilizer on top to "cook" until spring. Makes for huge tomatoes every year!
Nothing new for us, just another trip around the sun. Decided I've done my bit for the country and have retired from political involvement (no more poll inspector, etc.) and just turned down the latest job offer from the Census Bureau (DH has decided that it's time, 30 yrs is enough and rural door knocking etc. has just gotten too dangerous for this old gal and sadly I have to agree). Personally too, I am just no longer comfortable leaving him alone for long periods of time. He's still a healthy (for his age) 80's something, problem is he still thinks he can do what he did in his 60's and won't stay out of the woods. He's done a great job of taking care of me all these years thru broken legs, cancer, etc. so now it's my turn to take care of him and our senior pup.
Anyway, that's us, now I need to try and catch up with all of you!!! :caf

HAPPY FALL YA'LL!

For Al-taken near the Horicon Marsh this week (not by me) our cranes have left us pushed by the last cold front.
View attachment 3269093

Morning everyone!! I'm baaaaaaack! :cool:
Finally got our killing frost (26o F) this morning so I can finally put the last of the herb garden to bed. Way later than a normal year for us. I always delay the last summer coop cleaning until this happens so I can dump all that fertilizer on top to "cook" until spring. Makes for huge tomatoes every year!
Nothing new for us, just another trip around the sun. Decided I've done my bit for the country and have retired from political involvement (no more poll inspector, etc.) and just turned down the latest job offer from the Census Bureau (DH has decided that it's time, 30 yrs is enough and rural door knocking etc. has just gotten too dangerous for this old gal and sadly I have to agree). Personally too, I am just no longer comfortable leaving him alone for long periods of time. He's still a healthy (for his age) 80's something, problem is he still thinks he can do what he did in his 60's and won't stay out of the woods. He's done a great job of taking care of me all these years thru broken legs, cancer, etc. so now it's my turn to take care of him and our senior pup.
Anyway, that's us, now I need to try and catch up with all of you!!! :caf

HAPPY FALL YA'LL!
Incredible photo!

And thanks for stopping by.

You have been missed, and I worry when you are gone for too long!!

Back
Top Bottom