Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WVduckchick, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Flockless Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Mine are totally premeditated- I don't nod off on the sofa - I go to bed properly. Nah, I didn't have to worry too much about time cos I was paid to get the job done, however I liked (which was nice and a luxury I had all my professional life)

Debs Flock likes this.
  2. WVduckchick

WVduckchick For the Birds!! Premium Member

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    That's awesome! [​IMG]

Ravynscroft likes this.
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Jan 30, 2015
    It was, but the habit continues - not sure there's an excuse, but until I get my few acres I may as well be my usual, lazy self :)

Debs Flock likes this.
  4. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Well, you help a lot of people here on BYC, so you can consider yourself productive for that!

Ravynscroft likes this.
  5. WildHens

WildHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2016
    West Virginia
    Well...all the ducks are happy with all this rain. .me , not so much. . Mother Nature is about to get a piece of my mind.. :rant
    'Course, I can't give her too big of a piece, or I'll be left with nothing..

Got about 5 more hatches left (between 4 and 5 days in between each group) left.. not sure if I'm gonna set much more this year...definitely gonna try n meet up with WV and get some of her Orp eggs and Looking for some Maran eggs and a couple other breeds still, so if I find a decent deal on some of those, I'll set more..hatching is so stinking addictive ♡♡

My Manx kitten is gonna pull thru I believe (we're still not sure what happened..she was either born with pneumonia or got a collapsed lung somehow)..it was touch and go, but after some TLC, steroids and antibiotics, she's back with mama and getting better every day. Still smaller than sis, but I think she'll make a full recovery.

So..when we all getting together? ? Lol

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  6. Pork Pie Ken

Jan 30, 2015

Well, I can help you out at your bar, and clean the gutters, in addition to being generally stupid :) but thanks :oops:

7. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    I'm hoping to come over to the swap on Saturday. [​IMG] And bring you some lav orp eggs.

And feel free to give Mother Nature a piece of my mind too! Goodness gracious, enough dreariness already!

Sorry about your kitty, hope she gets better.

I was just checking out my security camera at my house. I have one aimed in the back yard over the chickens. I was looking to see if my duck is still on her nest, which I believe she is.... [​IMG]
    But I just watched my silkie terrorizing their little chicks! Its their own kids, and they don't even know it! [​IMG]

Ravynscroft likes this.
  8. WVduckchick

Feb 9, 2015
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Who said anything about "cleaning" the gutters? [​IMG]

Ravynscroft likes this.
  9. Pork Pie Ken

Jan 30, 2015
    Well...all the ducks are happy with all this rain. .me , not so much. . Mother Nature is about to get a piece of my mind.. :rant
    'Course, I can't give her too big of a piece, or I'll be left with nothing..

Got about 5 more hatches left (between 4 and 5 days in between each group) left.. not sure if I'm gonna set much more this year...definitely gonna try n meet up with WV and get some of her Orp eggs and Looking for some Maran eggs and a couple other breeds still, so if I find a decent deal on some of those, I'll set more..hatching is so stinking addictive ♡♡

Just the 5 more hatches? :D

10. WildHens

WildHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2016
    West Virginia
    Bwhahaha..sounds like my duck..he's on my last nerve and is about to get the boot.. I don't know how he does it bc he's obese, but apparently his hormones are in overdrive? ? He is constantly nonstop tormenting the juvies and my bachelor silkie.. he may be at the swap for sale.. :oops:
    I so hope you can make it to the swap :) It would be awesome to meet you!! If you want me to bring you any eggs, just let me know..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by