Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I can set you up with tiny welshies
smile.png
hugs.gif
Aww
hugs.gif

Can't have calls, sowwy....

I do like that mauve cockerel in the 2nd pic a lot. The front one

I was waiting for the boys to grow out. The other mauve boy is kinda...um...scraggly looking. The one you are talking about has definitely taken a lead role. Caught him mating my hen today. Heard a hell of a ruckus, she was not very submissive, but he got her. :D so I'm thinking I'll keep the black, and the better mauve males.

so I had a single possum that was breaking in two to three nights a week and killing two to three hens every night but only in one pen. He would dig under the wood frame through the dirt in order to get into that pen. I tried for three weeks to catch him with no luck. He had to go as he was only killing him and he was literally eating them from the rear end forward. I felt horrible because I know the poor things were laying there suffering while he ate them alive. So one night I hear a loud Ruckus from my Rottweiler Shelby. I go outside to find her cornering this almost all black possum that probably doesn't weigh three pounds on my porch. I run inside and grab a gun, the first thing I found was a 9 mm pistol. I run back out the back door and find this thing trying to run away with Shelby in tow. I yelled at her to get away from it and proceeded to shoot it. I am just below the ear and a little in front of the ear and Bang! Blood pours, clean shot through and through. The dang thing slowly turns its head looks at me and hisses! So while it is hissing at me I aim again. This time two shots right to the Heart and Lung area. It flops on its side. I'm thinking it's dead. About 30 seconds later it gets up and hisses at me again and starts to come towards me. Thing is covered in blood there can't be that much left in its body and I know where I shot it at. No way this thing is still alive. One Last Shot Between the Eyes straight through the back of skull. Blue the back of its head wide open. It's still standing.

At this point I named it devil possum and quickly Retreat to my house and wait and see what happens.

IT STAGGERED OFF.
th.gif

Luckily I've never seen it again

Sounds like the porcupine that came in my ground blind and didn't want to leave. 10 rounds of .40 cal did finally cause it to turn and waddle away.

Deb, how's cricket? Would she still fit under my hat??

Cricket has become my favorite. LOL...definitely wouldn't fit under your hat. I didn't realize Cayugas got so big.

Getting fat and sassy in my old age!
Yea, how's the duckies?

Getting?
wink.png
hide.gif
Ducksies are good, thanks. They finally all get along. No need for separation. How's your crew? Did you have a nice Thanksgiving?

X3!!!

Spill, woman!
pop.gif

My old computer crashed and i don't have any pics on this new one yet. We're all good. New job is crazy. I started in May with a staff of 4 and now I have 8. Not new hires, but my getting my boss out from under too many direct reports. How's tricks with you?

Cricket has become my favorite.  LOL...definitely wouldn't fit under your hat.  I didn't realize Cayugas got so big.

Getting?  ;)   :oops:     Ducksies are good, thanks.  They finally all get along.  No need for separation.  How's your crew?  Did you have a nice Thanksgiving?

My old computer crashed and i don't have any pics on this new one yet.  We're all good.  New job is crazy.  I started in May with a staff of 4 and now I have 8.  Not new hires, but my getting my boss out from under too many direct reports.  How's tricks with you?

Aw man... I need a new hat. Cricket must be MINES!!

Sounds like the porcupine that came in my ground blind and didn't want to leave.  10 rounds of .40 cal did finally cause it to turn and waddle away.

:gig

And I had a bulletproof armadillo too...

Maybe it's us??? We attract the indestructible, radioactive, zombie critters... :th

The mauve pullet is my favorite too, but all the girls are shaping up nicely. The little mauve just stands out... and is very friendly.... the others are more reserved and quiet.

All I know is I really like her...

Cricket has become my favorite.  LOL...definitely wouldn't fit under your hat.  I didn't realize Cayugas got so big.

Getting?  ;)   :oops:     Ducksies are good, thanks.  They finally all get along.  No need for separation.  How's your crew?  Did you have a nice Thanksgiving?

My old computer crashed and i don't have any pics on this new one yet.  We're all good.  New job is crazy.  I started in May with a staff of 4 and now I have 8.  Not new hires, but my getting my boss out from under too many direct reports.  How's tricks with you?

Glad the job is going well... but do miss you around for sure...
Same ol' same ol' here... :)

Back
Top Bottom