Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I candled the silkie eggs tonight 2 clears of 5.....but the other three are developing good at day 8...I think the air cells are a bit big. So I increased humidity.....
.....sound about the right thing to do.

Sounds like you did fine... :)

thanks Rav....she's a cute duckling.

Very welcome... and thank you... :hugs

guess we better hope it is a girl....or it'll just have to grow up tough....kinda like a boy named Sue

I'm fairly positive... all our tiny greys turn out to be girls, lol... if not, well Lilly will be our grey drake... haven't kept any for sure yet, the very few grey drakes we've hatched ended up oversized...

I'm going to hit it too.

Have a good night, or day depending on which continent you are on.
smile.png

Almost forgot to post the results of my hatching 'research'! lol...

15 eggs went into lockdown... 2 pipped wrong end and a 3rd tried, had to assist those... 12 internally pipped, and 8 of those externally pipped 12hrs later... put safe holes in other 4, accidentally broke open too big of a hole in 1, assisted it as well... by morning 1 with a safe hole had passed... the rest externally pipped as well... 8 'lings hatched entirely on their own, the last 2 couldn't zip due to excessive goo, assisted those 2...

So, out of 15, 8 pipped, zipped and hatched completely on their own, 6 were assisted and lost 1...

14 happy, healthy, bouncing 'lings in a nice variety of colors...

For size comparison, Lilly is the dark one towards bottom right with bill tucked into the pile, lol...

Back
Top Bottom