Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

The fireworks started last night and the birds and dogs were flipping out until midnight. I found one dog in the hen house curled up in the nesting box, sad and funny, poor guy. I should probably move the crate back inside for the next 2 weeks since these rednecks don't know when to stop shooting off fireworks. I'm not sure what to do with the chickens, they were all up against the house frozen stiff and I had to put them all away. How crazy is that?
Poor things, and I'm sorry but that is funny. I wonder if you can get ear plugs for chickens???? :)

:hugs Ain't no shame in being sensitive. Heck, I sometimes cry when I see roadkill...depending what it is.

FB! Great pics & as Liz said, really nice to put a face with a name. I'm with WV, my mental image of you was pretty spot on.

You're in my thoughts every day, Friday.:hugs We all know some are busier than others. We're here for when you can drop in.

I haven't had coffee yet. Reading thru your post, Rav, was thinking wait...this isn't Liz. :lau

Good morning Pond Dwellers!

Another hot (for us) day here. Hope to get in some pool time, but we'll be working on painting some replacement closet doors. Getting rid of the sliders and putting in bi-folds. Yay!!

I know I got nothin on many of you, but I'm finally hitting my 5000th post with this one here. :D

Hope ya'll have a great day!!

I used to multi-quote a lot, but it irritated the bear, lol...
Congrats on 5k, Deb!! :ya :hugs glad you shared it here..

Oops, lol, I'm on my laptop & have never accessed BYC via mobile so not sure if what I said will work.

X2 what Chris said, mobile or PC is same...

@Ravynscroft those are beautiful chickens! Stupid question...What are they? Info?

Not stupid at all... they're Ayam Cemani, fibromelanistic breed... meaning full black through and tbrough... black feathers, skin, meat, organs and bones... they're actually amazing free rangers, intelligent and very predator wary... you ever get out this way and want some culls to add to your mixed flock, you're more than welcome to a couple... :)

She does have stunning birds doesn't she?!

Why, thanks, Dan! I think that is one of the nicest things you've ever said! :hugs

Good morning, Pond Skippers. Violent string of thunder storms last evening postponed the baseball games. We never got home until after midnight. Boys crushed the first team 17 to nothing. Second game they were losing 1 to nothing the bottom of the seventh - a real pitchers' duel. Their pitcher weakened first, and the boys won 7 to 1. There's a game at 8:30 tonight when it should be a bit cooler. Need to finish mowing lawn today. Everyone have a good day. Rav and K, well done at the sales.

Hope tonight's game is rain free and the boys kick butt... speaking of mowing, I finally got a mower! :wee
Push mower, but I don't care... just need a working weedwacker now...

Don't be fooled - Rav just sprays RIRs with non-toxic black paint, then calls 'em a fancy name :D

Wait... it was suppposed to be non-toxic???? :eek: :th

Howdy folks.... hope it's a great 4th of July weekend for you all.

Have a Happy 4th, my friend...

Oic. I 'm beginning to think this brain of mine is so full of knowledge that it's put up a closed sign.

Is that what they're calling it these days??? :lau

Not stupid at all... they're Ayam Cemani, fibromelanistic breed... meaning full black through and tbrough... black feathers, skin, meat, organs and bones... they're actually amazing free rangers, intelligent and very predator wary... you ever get out this way and want some culls to add to your mixed flock, you're more than welcome to a couple... :)

Why, thanks, Dan! I think that is one of the nicest things you've ever said! :hugs

Hope tonight's game is rain free and the boys kick butt... speaking of mowing, I finally got a mower! :wee

:D You're welcome.

Thanks, maybe someday..:) and I can buy some calls while I'm at it?!?;)

Back
Top Bottom