Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Good evening, Pond Pals! I hope you’re all enjoying the long weekend. I’ve gotta say - it feels just like every other weekend has since March. The only difference is, no mail on Monday.

Our new roomies are leaving tomorrow for a couple of days to visit our other sons (they live less than an hour away from each other). I will admit - as much as I love seeing Grandson and Granddaughter every day, it will be nice to have a little time to ourselves. I have some things I’d like to do without help. Grandson wants so much to be a helper with everything we do. This morning when we went out to take care of his chicks, Grandpa was working on the lawn mower. When I headed up to the house I asked if he was coming along. He told me, “No, I’m supposed to stay here and help Grampa!” Fortunately, Grampa was doing something that kid could “help” with.

May you all have a safe and blessed Memorial Day. Remember those who gave their all.

Morning everyone,
The "floodgates" have been thrown open and the state of Illinois (which is still locked down) came flooding in. Very few wearing PPE. Fortunately it does not look quite as bad as an invasion as previous years but, unfortunately, beautiful weather here and social distancing seems to be a non-event, especially in and around the bars of course, so the I would imagine someone has already set up the betting pool on how high the numbers of cases will climb within a week or two.
Oh, remember how I was bragging that we were the only county left that had zero positive cases? Well, someone (a private citizen with a brain) decided to find out why. Can you guess? Bet you can't. Turns out no one in our county was doing any testing!!! :th
Everyone "assumed" the health dept. was doing it. This guy finally asked and was told "NOPE,not our job." Asked the hospital, "Well, we did test someone last week but the results aren't back yet". Some ONE? Well, that "one" has since come back positive, surprise. No word if they've figured out who is supposed to test yet. Counties around us have established free walk/drive up testing spots. Hope our powers that be are paying attention.

Praying everyone is having a peaceful and safe Memorial Day.
Did you know that at 3 pm (in each time zone?) today anyone with a trumpet has been asked to step outside and play taps and all hearing are asked to step outside and pause to show respect for all the fallen and those fighting now, both far away and at home? Wouldn't that be neat if there are thousands of trumpets?!?!?

And now on a lighter note;

PPE WISCONSIN STYLE
1590412794101.png

We don't get those .I always wanted to see the migration of the monarchs.
We have Monarchs migrate through our place every year. You need to come visit in early September. Our driveway is lined with trees, and as we walk down the driveway, hundreds of butterflies will flutter around. While we don't have as many as we used to, it's still fun to see.

Back
Top Bottom