Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I just had to get this out of my system. I saw the following, and as I was reading I was yelling in my mind, "No, no, no! You do NOT want chickens in that garden! Not until you've gotten everything out of it that you want first! NO!" Then I settled down and just thought, "Citiots". (One of the people responding is my cousin's wife. She's not a citiot, but apparently has no clue what chickens will do to a garden. When her sister in law lived at that same house, she had a goldfish pond, but the raccoons kept eating her fish! It doesn't bode well for chickens. Especially given the fact that all those people will get the worthless, cutesy little doll house coops.)

Taking a break and admiring how much our garden has come along this weekend 😊🥰 I just LOVE this time of year! Imagine the benefits of chickens in a garden like this! Weed and pest control... fertilizer... the list keeps going!
Yes I know I live in the suburbs, not the country BUT my yard is big enough for 4 hens, a coop, a run, and space for the kiddos to run around as well!
I live in ---- because I was born and raised here. My dad was born and raised here. It's a part of me! I've lived other places (including the country, yes 😂) but ---- has always felt like home. Moving to a surrounding city to have chickens shouldn't be necessary. There's plenty of space for us all 💛
Share your story! Why have you all made ---- home?
Image may contain: plant, outdoor and nature, text that says 'PEPPER'
Image may contain: outdoor
Image may contain: plant, flower, outdoor and nature

https://www.facebook.com/ufi/reacti...ZmVlZGJhY2s6MjQwNTQzNTAwNzA3MDQ5&av=718210326

I just had to get this out of my system. I saw the following, and as I was reading I was yelling in my mind, "No, no, no! You do NOT want chickens in that garden! Not until you've gotten everything out of it that you want first! NO!" Then I settled down and just thought, "Citiots". (One of the people responding is my cousin's wife. She's not a citiot, but apparently has no clue what chickens will do to a garden. When her sister in law lived at that same house, she had a goldfish pond, but the raccoons kept eating her fish! It doesn't bode well for chickens. Especially given the fact that all those people will get the worthless, cutesy little doll house coops.)

Taking a break and admiring how much our garden has come along this weekend 😊🥰 I just LOVE this time of year! Imagine the benefits of chickens in a garden like this! Weed and pest control... fertilizer... the list keeps going!
Yes I know I live in the suburbs, not the country BUT my yard is big enough for 4 hens, a coop, a run, and space for the kiddos to run around as well!
I live in ---- because I was born and raised here. My dad was born and raised here. It's a part of me! I've lived other places (including the country, yes 😂) but ---- has always felt like home. Moving to a surrounding city to have chickens shouldn't be necessary. There's plenty of space for us all 💛
Image may contain: plant, outdoor and nature, text that says 'PEPPER''PEPPER'

https://www.facebook.com/ufi/reacti...ZmVlZGJhY2s6MjQwNTQzNTAwNzA3MDQ5&av=718210326
:th

Well... uh... yummy.

Image may contain: plant, outdoor and nature, text that says 'PEPPER''PEPPER'

Morning Bobbi :frow
got my garden planted this weekend over here on the other side of the big river. Weather has been so crazy that I could have gotten things in the ground earlier but I didn't quite trust mother nature. She's played "surprise!" on us before.

Morning fellow ponders,
Hope you all had a good, safe, holiday (those that had one) weekend.
Despite all the heat, humidity and storms I still managed to clear off my to-do list so all I have to worry about is :fl that my official census PPE and work supplies show up by Fedex today so I can hit the ground running first thing tomorrow.
eta - well except the painting. that will have to wait until things dry up and the humidity drops back to normal anyway.

Good morning chicken world :frow :frow hope this morning find all safe and if possible a little more sane. :idunno Took a little spill through a deck yesterday .Little scraped up.No serious injuries. Got a few chicks hatching this morning .Don't know what I am going to do with them.My little broder is to small .And barn rats broke the element in my brooder.Been killing right regaular. Got most of them gone .I hate rats.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom