Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

He laughed. I swear he is a new age hippy, but he has graduated college and is gainfully employed. I have also been known to ask my grand daughters if they need money for jeans when they show up in those raggedy old jeans.
Oh good grief! The girls with the brand new skin tight full of holes jeans!!!! :barnie

on other news......

I have decided to be ..... well .... maybe a bit of an ass. :idunno (and nope, not talking about the colonoscopy :gig )

Sis and brother-in-law were mean to kid #2. So, that is it in my book. NO ONE gets to mess with my kids, I don't care how old my kids are. :rant

So.... none of my family are attending their wedding insanity. If they want perfect people, they can hire a bunch of actors to stand in for my family. Clearly, they have no interest in us as "us".

They didn't like the way kid 2 looks...

true, he doesn't look.... well.... the way I would choose to look... but spouse and I see it as the kid has to express himself and rebel in SOME way, and he does look the way many people his age look... so :sick

But really, who cares, he is an awesome kid... move on.

But... they didn't just comment... they were down right mean, and my sis loaded on a HUGE guilt trip manipulative mess on his head. My 19 year old was bawling on the phone when he called me to tell me what happened.

That is so wrong, on SO MANY levels. Me... me mad. Me super mad.

Funny part... she is scared to call me and talk about it. Whatever.... I will still conduct family business with her, and be polite and civil... but otherwise she is dead to me.

I don't think that is extreme, I think that is just.
You are 120% justified! That is so uncool it’s beyond the pale. 🤬 You can throw anything at me, but you do not talk about my kids. :mad: The fact that she said it to your kids face is even worse!:rant

Is he staying with her? Do you need me fly him to San Diego until you’re quarantine is over?

You are 120% justified! That is so uncool it’s beyond the pale. 🤬 You can throw anything at me, but you do not talk about my kids. :mad: The fact that she said it to your kids face is even worse!:rant

Is he staying with her? Do you need me fly him to San Diego until you’re quarantine is over?
Ha!

Don't offer... i might take you up on it... he needs a vacation. :lau

He is staying with my mom. My mom is sweet. BUT, my sis and her horde descend every weekend, and will be there for the wedding week.

So... we have told them (kid 1 and 2 are there. Kid 1 is being an awesome trooper and standing up for kid 2), that we will fly them back to Alaska... or anywhere else in the world... buy them a hotel room for when my sis is there.... whatever they want, great, can do....

I even found an air bnb not that far from my mom's, great price, and it comes with free bike rentals and is pretty close to a great bike trail!

But kid, now that he is calm, says he is happy to ignore the stupid, and he wants to stay with and visit with my mom.

So.... eh... his choice.

Also, my older sis (also a fruit... she thinks you can prevent cancer by eating clover blossoms) and her kid are showing up any day now. They are driving down for the wedding. But older sis, fruit though she is, would never fuss at my kids. And, older sis and kid haven't seen kid #2 for over six years....

So kid 2 really wants to wait for them to show up and visit.

In short, he is fine now, all re-centered and easily able to deal with the stupid, and shouldn't be exposed to too much of the stupid.

Myself though... and spouse.... well.... still upset.

Back
Top Bottom