Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

@room onthebroom - trust me - I understand. My father predeceased my mother by 30 some years. She refused to leave 'Eric' even though he was in the ground in Florida. :he Thankfully on her own she decided to move into an assisted living facility in her 90's. I get the worry and the lack of control. We went through similar with the Princess's parents, but they were only an hours drive away. We have resolved to NOT put these pressures on our kids. Of course in the world of today with this blasted virus, it is difficult to know what the proper move is.

We would gladly have them here if they would just come. We’ve said we’d do everything (pack their stuff, move it, unpack it...) they’d just have to get on a plane. They could still live independently, albeit close by where we could come in everyday. It’s frustrating that they won’t do it. I get it. change is bad, but it’s also inevitable, so take the best version of a crappy situation. (Sigh!)

I’m now looking into a caregiver that will come in 365 days a year, check meds, make a meal, and do occasional errands, including driving to dr appts. I’m not sure what else we can do if they won’t come out here. Can you imagine moving into an assisted living facility where you’ve never been before & no one can visit? Horrible! They don’t deserve that.

Morning Pondites nope all good here When this started I handed the two BF and Son masks showed the how to put them on and make sure they fit .. I put a twist in the ear loop I am small they are not :lau anywhere we go we wear masks

I've just accepted that since a segment of the population refuses to take it seriously (or even believe it's real, which is a whole other can of worms) this is going to go on for a while, and now I'm making my own masks, because if I'm going to be wearing them probably at least through spring, they might as well be cute.

Back
Top Bottom