Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Good morning Pond. Woke to a rhythmic thumping sound coming from the kitchen. Thought, "What the 'H' is that?" Wandered out and there were two wild turkeys on the deck pecking at their reflections in the glass door. :barnie
I have birds do that all the time here, mostly cardinals. Lately a few have flown full tilt into the glass; thought a hummingbird broke his neck, but he came to & flew off.

Got a call from school this evening. Snow Day tomorrow! I’m not quite sure how I feel about that. I mean, I’m all for a day at home, but it’s definitely early. A few years ago, we had a snow day May 5. I was less happy about that one.
Some Wisconsin school districts just cancelled snow days. They will now be virtual learning days.I find that a very creative ( and logical) idea.

Some Wisconsin school districts just cancelled snow days. They will now be virtual learning days.I find that a very creative ( and logical) idea.
Ours was a virtual learning day, so teachers and students had to work. Since I’m just a para, it was a day off for me. :celebrate I used it to catch up on things in the house and prepare my coops for the SINGLE DIGIT temps that are forecast for this weekend. Low of 8 on Sunday, high of 19 on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom