Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Evening fellow Ponders,
Well, the snows we received the past week were supposed to disappear in the rains only it never got warm enough to rain so the snows stayed and a few inches more. Now it's snowing again. This time a soft , gently drifting snow. Just the two of us in our little slice of northwoods heaven. A big pot of homemade chili is simmering on the stove, no politics, no latest covid virus reports, football on one TV and Hallmark Christmas movies on the other. a peaceful, blessed winter Sunday tempting me to drag out the carefully stowed away boxes in what seems like another century now, test all the lights and make certain those treasured memories are all still safely nestled in their tissue and ready to shine once more. Wait, hold on!!! Isn't it only October?!?!? Why are all the colorful leaves and carved pumpkins buried beneath the snow??? Well played 2020, well played.

1603665093766.png

Sunday is a busy day here and boring. Went to the bank atm. Two grocery stores, lunch at Arbys. Then Menards and $ tree. & Walgreens. Still can't find a good card to send Perchie. A frivolous card is not proper.
I'm going to try the Hallmark store in the county seat in the next county tomorrow. Hope it's still there.

Back
Top Bottom