Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Hello, Pond!
My lily pad is delightfully crowded today. Youngest grandbaby and his parents are here for the weekend.

7BB0B788-4D3D-4AE0-A1FE-03805A4904C0.jpeg
Local DS and family are also here.

I let the chickens out this morning to free range as usual. Nothing was amiss then. This afternoon when I went out, I found this poor girl:
3F7FA817-1012-4C6B-9D59-B95A1FB041FC.jpeg
5B70D92E-0135-42E9-8C1E-F3282B7E9F0A.jpeg

I haven’t gotten close enough to assess whether it’s predator or cockerel damage. I figured I’ll check her out more closely when I lock them up for the night. DS is bringing me the wire dog crate from his house. I’ll spray some Blue Kote on her, crate her for a few days in the coop and see how she’s doing. It kind of looks like bite marks to me. On another note, the bait was removed from my critter trap last night or today, but the trap didn’t go off. I baited and reset it. Hopefully whatever it was is comfortable with going in there again.

A bit of good news - DH was finally feeling well enough to get outside for a short walk today.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Hello, Pond!
My lily pad is delightfully crowded today. Youngest grandbaby and his parents are here for the weekend.

View attachment 2558457Local DS and family are also here.

I let the chickens out this morning to free range as usual. Nothing was amiss then. This afternoon when I went out, I found this poor girl:
View attachment 2558459View attachment 2558461
I haven’t gotten close enough to assess whether it’s predator or cockerel damage. I figured I’ll check her out more closely when I lock them up for the night. DS is bringing me the wire dog crate from his house. I’ll spray some Blue Kote on her, crate her for a few days in the coop and see how she’s doing. It kind of looks like bite marks to me. On another note, the bait was removed from my critter trap last night or today, but the trap didn’t go off. I baited and reset it. Hopefully whatever it was is comfortable with going in there again.

A bit of good news - DH was finally feeling well enough to get outside for a short walk today.

Great that you got to spend time with your family and that your DH is out and about!

Poor hen!! It almost looks like she escaped a hawk attack!

Hey everyone! Hope your day was good.

I spent most the day kicking and screaming into the 21st century 😁 - actually it wasn't that bad, but I finally got all the church music uploaded to a cloud from the hard drive. My computer's been giving me 'blue screen of death' warnings and redoing all of that would be a headache.

Hello, Pond!

View attachment 2558457Local DS and family are also here.

View attachment 2558459View attachment 2558461

I vote hawk too. That seems like too much damage for a rooter. The poor thing. I hope you can fix her.

I’m so glad your tribe is there & DH is in the mend. :yesss:

Every time I try to type ‘in’ it’s comes out ‘on’ & vice versa. I’ve given up editing. I figure you guys can probably read Fat Finger by now.
At times I type the correct there, and it swaps to their... and other stupidities.

Like that last word... didn't like it.

But that must be a real word..

Back
Top Bottom