Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Happy Saturday! I had a decent ridge run with some beautiful wild flowers, then helped E with a burn pile.
When I went to water the garden, it was evident by all the scratched up mulch that a hen had been in there (and was gone, so I couldn't catch the offender, which is just as well since there is no chicken court) and eaten every single little squash and pumpkin plant I had just put in. Every.single.one.
:rant:barnie
Extremely upsetting!!!

:hugs

I'm pretty darn interested in seeing how this little EE turns out. (I'm betting rooster though. 😂) Pretty sure that these have or had some copper marans in there somewhere, this one actually has feathered legs. About half the OEs that I bought from the same group of eggs also have feathered feet.
There is a very very faint chipmunk pattern to this one.
IMG_20210410_215517742.jpg

IMG_20210410_215554320.jpg

I have caught three Rats in the last 3 days in the coop.. Main one does not have a great apron has a pony wall they have chewed through..
So have caught close to 8 of them.. Keep thinking how many can there be ?

We have some feral cats in our neighborhood that keep the rats at bay. There are a few neighbors that feed the cats to keep them around for pest control. The neighbor across the street backs up to the swamp. Of course, we all know what comes out of the swamp.

Back
Top Bottom