Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Yeah... stressful on the deaths and when to get chicks.....

Do you know what breeds you want?
Aussies and Buffs seem to do best in my clime and setup. I am considering Lavender or maybe chocolate Orps just because. Might take the risk with our rotten postal situation. Just that thought after all the "DOA's" in the past is enough to give me nightmares. At least it would be tough for even the post office to freeze them to death in July (I hope).

Last edited:
Aussies and Buffs seem to do best in my clime and setup. I am considering Lavender or maybe chocolate Orps just because. Might take the risk with our rotten postal situation. Just that thought after all the "DOA's" in the past is enough to give me nightmares. At least it would be tough for even the post office to freeze them to death in July (I hope).
So true... always a gamble.

Losing chicks sure is tough on the heart.

Morning Pond think my taste buds are bad.
Tried the black rifle coffee in my coffee press
not impressed but BF likes it
Maybe it really is nasty and it’s his tastebuds that are bad...

Good Afternoon, Pond!
Recovering from week 2 of Camp. It was a good week. It would have been even better if I could have slept. I have no idea why I didn’t. I tried both melatonin and Benadryl (not at the same time) and still tossed and turned. Oh well. This coming week will be easy. Only 28 little kids, and about 20 staff. I just have to figure out how to scale back after the first two weeks. The primary kids aren’t nearly as excited about food as the older ones.

My weekend home got off to an interesting start when DH woke me up with the words, “We have a problem. Our sewer pump quit. Don’t use any water or it could back up into the basement.” The situation has been temporarily resolved and someone will be out on Monday to fix things. On the bright side, he discovered the problem because an alarm went off instead of us waking up to a basement full of sewage, so there’s that...

Maybe it really is nasty and it’s his tastebuds that are bad...

Good Afternoon, Pond!
Recovering from week 2 of Camp. It was a good week. It would have been even better if I could have slept. I have no idea why I didn’t. I tried both melatonin and Benadryl (not at the same time) and still tossed and turned. Oh well. This coming week will be easy. Only 28 little kids, and about 20 staff. I just have to figure out how to scale back after the first two weeks. The primary kids aren’t nearly as excited about food as the older ones.

My weekend home got off to an interesting start when DH woke me up with the words, “We have a problem. Our sewer pump quit. Don’t use any water or it could back up into the basement.” The situation has been temporarily resolved and someone will be out on Monday to fix things. On the bright side, he discovered the problem because an alarm went off instead of us waking up to a basement full of sewage, so there’s that...
Ugh! That’s sort of a gift & a curse about the sewer. I agree, it could’ve been much worse. Still a drag tho.

I love the littles. Focus on simple & they’ll eat it. Bread & butter, Mac & cheese, hot dogs, pb&j … (are you allowed to do peanuts in camp setting these days?)

Back
Top Bottom