Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

On the bright side, he discovered the problem because an alarm went off instead of us waking up to a basement full of sewage, so there’s that...
Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwww

:oops:

This is why pumps should not be used in sewage... just let it all flow down hill I say! All things sewage related LOWER than ALL house parts!!!

Do you all remember??? Oh... I guess not... it was 16 years back, and 13 years back now....

But there was a time when sewage floods happened regularly at my house.

Then it happened once when we were building the addition (this house originally had only 2 bedrooms)... it almost touched the new sheetrock...

And I threw up my hands and said I didn't care what it cost...NEVER AGAIN SEWAGE IN THE HOUSE!!!!

I made them dig up the tank, replace it with one way bigger than my house needed, and then also put in a new leach field. And this time, EVERYTHING runs downhill.

-shudder-

I didn't realize how long ago that was... but sewage floods in carpet.....

True horrors...

I remember it like it was yesterday.

Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwww

This is why pumps should not be used in sewage... just let it all flow down hill I say! All things sewage related LOWER than ALL house parts!!!

Do you all remember??? Oh... I guess not... it was 16 years back, and 13 years back now....

Then it happened once when we were building the addition (this house originally had only 2 bedrooms)... it almost touched the new sheetrock...

And I threw up my hands and said I didn't care what it cost...NEVER AGAIN SEWAGE IN THE HOUSE!!!!

I made them dig up the tank, replace it with one way bigger than my house needed, and then also put in a new leach field. And this time, EVERYTHING runs downhill.

-shudder-

True horrors...

That would be a nightmare! Our system was put in when we rebuilt after our fire. It had to be inspected and meet certain guidelines. And.... there really isn’t any “downhill” here on the prairie...

We’ve been conserving water all day today and will be gone most of the day tomorrow, so there shouldn’t be a problem.

It had to be inspected and meet certain guidelines.
See.... THAT!!!! That is your problem! :old

The septic system that kept failing was done following all guidelines...

The government approved people dug a huge, fully inspected and approved leach field... that had a spring in it... that would backwash the leach field into the septic tank... then into the house... every spring...

So... when I had it redone, I said I wanted a fully illegal system... one that was logical... and had a leach field that did NOT include a natural spring... everything downhill, thank you very much!

I kept asking the guy... "and when the leach field gets clogged up... what will happen to the sewage?" And he would say "no. No... the way it is designed it will not get clogged." And with insanity in my eyes I kept say "and when it ALL goes wrong and stops working, where will the sewage go?"

He kept trying to explain how great the system was.... but finally got a clue... and said "yeah, all downhill"

See.... THAT!!!! That is your problem! :old

The septic system that kept failing was done following all guidelines...

The government approved people dug a huge, fully inspected and approved leach field... that had a spring in it... that would backwash the leach field into the septic tank... then into the house... every spring...

So... when I had it redone, I said I wanted a fully illegal system... one that was logical... and had a leach field that did NOT include a natural spring... everything downhill, thank you very much!

I kept asking the guy... "and when the leach field gets clogged up... what will happen to the sewage?" And he would say "no. No... the way it is designed it will not get clogged." And with insanity in my eyes I kept say "and when it ALL goes wrong and stops working, where will the sewage go?"

He kept trying to explain how great the system was.... but finally got a clue... and said "yeah, all downhill"
You’re such an anarchist sometimes… I adore you! 😍

To all of you dads, granddads, dog/chicken dads, raising your own kids dads, raising other people’s kids dads, or being a fill in dad for those who have lost their dads…. Happy Fathers Day Gentlemen! I salute you! :hugs:bow💜
6D1CFDB5-0EF9-448F-8B44-880393131B54.jpeg

DD5F8791-57D8-4E87-AB93-84818D88419A.jpeg

842E2DC5-CB88-424C-93AE-148F303E392E.jpeg

79DA70C0-0C87-4E9A-9517-8E11BD3EE13B.jpeg

Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwww

-shudder-

True horrors...

Downhill only Yes!

I snuck out to Lowe’s last night to get DH a new wheelbarrow for Father’s Day. This is the kind of wheelbarrow you work your whole life for, ya know, the big one with the two wheels in the front.

What a weird vibe Lowe’s had on a Saturday night an hour before closing time. First off, they had no corn plants & there was a homeless guy showering with the hose in the outdoor garden area. Weird, but good to know incase I’m ever away from home & need an impromptu bath.

There were also almost no employees in the store. There were very few customers too & the ones that were there were mostly not wearing masks. I think that giant, empty warehouse was igniting their herd mentality because despite me trying to inch away from them, they kept crowding me out.

When I FINALLY found someone willing to unlock the wheelbarrows, I realized the hard way that I could not get that beast in my little car. Being me, I defied insanity by trying over & over again until I finally wedged it in there. I drove home in the slow lane where I wouldn’t have to look in my rear view mirror much. When I got home I found I had wedged it in so tight that I couldn’t get it out. :th

Fifteen minutes later & with the help of Frankie, we finally managed to squeeze that sucker out without tearing the ceiling upholstery. The only explanation for this is that the DIY Gods must’ve been shining their light down upon us.

It took two of us to lift it, but we hauled it up onto the kitchen table to display it in all of its glory. I admit, it’s a little weird to have a giant wheelbarrow on your kitchen table, but like I said, after struggling with single wheelbarrows all my life I wanted to bask a little in its glory.

Soon it will be dented & scratched & covered in cement residue, but by God this thing will never have flat tires. It almost feels like Mother’s Day instead of Father’s Day. :wee

Back
Top Bottom