Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

A couple weeks? Wow! That’s a long trip. I managed a couple days, came back so far behind I could barely see my rear in front of me & managed to catch another cold. Travel is definitely not a heathy endeavor for me.

I hope you have a great time! I’m not sure what the St. Croix plant is, I’ll need to google it.
St. Croix manufactures my favorite fishing rods

A couple weeks? Wow! That’s a long trip. I managed a couple days, came back so far behind I could barely see my rear in front of me & managed to catch another cold. Travel is definitely not a heathy endeavor for me.

I hope you have a great time! I’m not sure what the St. Croix plant is, I’ll need to google it.
How was your reunion?? (Sorry if you’ve said and I missed it. It’s been a busy week.)

How was your reunion?? (Sorry if you’ve said and I missed it. It’s been a busy week.)
It was bittersweet.

I’m glad I went, but I totally wiped myself out. Too many days without sleep, or proper nutrition while I was there had me practically drooling on myself on the flight home (Masks are good drool catchers.) I slept most of that first day back, then hit the ground running. I finally hit a brick wall a couple days ago & came down with a yucky summer cold. Now I really am quarantined. 🙄

Sitting in my room reading is nowhere near as fun as I thought it would be. It would be a lot more fun if I could breathe out of my nose.

What have you been doing?

It was bittersweet.

I’m glad I went, but I totally wiped myself out. Too many days without sleep, or proper nutrition while I was there had me practically drooling on myself on the flight home (Masks are good drool catchers.) I slept most of that first day back, then hit the ground running. I finally hit a brick wall a couple days ago & came down with a yucky summer cold. Now I really am quarantined. 🙄

Sitting in my room reading is nowhere near as fun as I thought it would be. It would be a lot more fun if I could breathe out of my nose.

I hope you feel better soon! Take advantage of your quarantine to rest and get better.

Sunday evening my mom and I traveled to the big city 2 1/2 hours away so she could have cataracts removed on Monday and Tuesday. We came home Tuesday afternoon, and I spent the night at her house because she’d had anesthesia and I am the closest thing to a responsible adult in her life to be with her for 24 hours. (Both procedures went well.) Wednesday I had to take her to town to our local eye Dr. for a post-op check, then the grandkids came over for a couple of hours. Thursday I removed stuff and shelves, painted and installed new shelves in and organized a storage closet. Yesterday we headed out to my cousin’s to spend the weekend with her and her husband. Today we went to the Twins game. They lost, but we had decent seats so it was fun. Oh, and we also saw a bear cub running around in my cousin’s yard. That was almost more fun than the ball game! (We heard Mama woofing in the trees)

5A919909-5786-43EC-AE0D-1CDDCE0E8D41.jpeg

I hope you feel better soon! Take advantage of your quarantine to rest and get better.

Sunday evening my mom and I traveled to the big city 2 1/2 hours away so she could have cataracts removed on Monday and Tuesday. We came home Tuesday afternoon, and I spent the night at her house because she’d had anesthesia and I am the closest thing to a responsible adult in her life to be with her for 24 hours. (Both procedures went well.) Wednesday I had to take her to town to our local eye Dr. for a post-op check, then the grandkids came over for a couple of hours. Thursday I removed stuff and shelves, painted and installed new shelves in and organized a storage closet. Yesterday we headed out to my cousin’s to spend the weekend with her and her husband. Today we went to the Twins game. They lost, but we had decent seats so it was fun. Oh, and we also saw a bear cub running around in my cousin’s yard. That was almost more fun than the ball game! (We heard Mama woofing in the trees)

View attachment 2772847
Wow.... bunches of excitement

It was bittersweet.

:hugs

I am glad that you are glad you went. ;)

And uck about the cold. With blasted covid all over even a simple cold is panic inducing and all of that excitement is more than I like.

View attachment 2772847
I’m glad it went well for her. My mom had hers done about a month ago. It was so weird to see her without her her glasses. For once her & her twin don’t look as identical.

A bear sighting sounds pretty cool from where I’m sitting. Probably less exciting when they’re literally in your back yard. :oops: I remember going up to Yosemite a lot as a kid & being terrified of them.

Back
Top Bottom