Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Good Morning, Pond!
Another crazy-hot day today. We are in a heat warning. Grandson spent the night last night, and wanted to do some baking. We will make some cookies or banana bread when he wakes up, and that’s going to be it for cooking in this house for the day.

Not much else going on here. I hope you all have a great day!

Morning fellow ponders,
thank you all for the well wishes and good thoughts (felt a prayer or two as well ;)). We finally got our power back on a little after supper time so DH and I were able to get a good night's sleep. Next round should hit us around 4 pm so DH was up early changing oil on the generators "just in case" tho the weatherman said the worst should now be a bit to our west this time :fl he's right but just in case we're busy prepping us and the critters again. Dh had to drive quite a distance yesterday to find a gas station that had power to run their pumps so he could refill the cans for fuel for the generators so today he's making a run to be sure we have plenty on hand ahead of time to run both generators and the chainsaws if needed. We try to keep ourselves prepared to help others too if we can. We have one smallish generator that we've used in the past to help a neighbor run their oxygen when the power was out for days and warm the house up for another. Just what folks up here do. That just reminded me! Thanks to the loggers we had last fall we have accumulated quite a pile of now seasoned firewood from the cleanup that I need to let folks know is here for anyone who may be in need. Got to get back at it for now, chat later!

ETA: Now 11 a.m.. Clouding up and just saw the latest weather report. We're back in the "red zone". :rolleyes: Pa's off to the gas station closest to us while they're still functional to top off the gas cans and get himself a little more icecream (his favorite "fuel") and then it's batton down the hatches one more time.

Last edited:
ETA: Now 11 a.m.. Clouding up and just saw the latest weather report. We're back in the "red zone". :rolleyes: Pa's off to the gas station closest to us while they're still functional to top off the gas cans and get himself a little more icecream (his favorite "fuel") and then it's batton down the hatches one more time.
Ew

:fl it is smooth sailing

Back
Top Bottom