Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

I survived! :wee It’s day 11 & I woke up feeling like it was just gone. I think I can go outside now.
awesome-smiley-emoticon.gif

Well.. I checked my eggs... thought that the 1 advanced egg looked close to hatch... but I thought 4 more days on the rest.. .I THOUGHT all others were together time wise...

And uh.... 5 chicks out. :idunno

I see, I think, 2 zips....

There were over 10 eggs... forget now how many...

Anyway...

I stuck an old hen that has been broody for FOREVER this summer (but in an elevated nestbox) down into my white tractor that I quickly re-screwed hinges on etc.

Anyway... oddly.... I have managed to break so many chick waterers and feeders... couldn't find any that were working.... so I used 2 plant saucers.

I made her a nest with three eggs.... she didn't zoom right to it.....

I will wait and see if she decides it is a good spot... hopefully tomorrow morning she will be properly on the nest and I can hand her chicks.

Now...

If I could just plan things in advance...

Remember stuff..

Silly me. :idunno

I survived! :wee It’s day 11 & I woke up feeling like it was just gone. I think I can go outside now.
Super good to hear!

Take it easy though...my neighbor who got it said that he would be fine, think he was all better... then suddenly he would need a day in bed.

Then again my mom got it too... and she was barely sick! Less than a cold!

Super good to hear!

Take it easy though...my neighbor who got it said that he would be fine, think he was all better... then suddenly he would need a day in bed.

Then again my mom got it too... and she was barely sick! Less than a cold!
I sat outside a bit (it was glorious) then checked out the fish (they’re huge) then needed a nap. I did wonder if fatigue might forever be a part of my new normal.

Back
Top Bottom