Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

Going to be close to 100 today. Thankfully the winds have lessened, but the Fawn fire keeps growing. It's not near us, (northeast of us) but it's a reminder that we are all one spark away from the same fate. It's just SO dry and hot (again) here.
I am pretty sure that @sourland stole all of your rain. :rant Just ask him!

Gave blood at our school blood drive today. I'm really only in it for the snacks. I didn't even bring a lunch because I knew 1 bag of almonds, 1pkg fig newtons, 1 bag Lays chips, and 1 package Grandma's chocolate chip cookies = perfectly balanced lunch.
Oh, and the T-shirt - I got a new t-shirt.

Wow can we see it?
IMG_20210924_175256336.jpg

Good Evening, Pond!
After feeling :sick for most of the week, I woke up feeling human again today! I even ate food. Real food! Something that wasn’t crackers and jello! It’s a great day!

I locked up 3 of my 4 meat cockerels. My poor laying hens were getting bare-backed, and within the past couple of days they started running down my pullets. :rant So, I let Broody Betty and her chicks out of their pen and put those boys in. I’m not sure when we’re going to process them as DH just started harvesting beans yesterday, but they’ll have food, water and plenty of space until their day comes. I kept one as a flock rooster, but his wattles are HUGE! I worry about them freezing during the winter.

Beautiful weather here. In the 60s and sunny today. Supposed to reach 80s again next week.

Have a safe and happy weekend, everyone!

Back
Top Bottom