Welcome to my pond - Swim, wade, or sit on the bank

:hugs

I HATE it when I get stuck with know-it-alls who do not listen to what I say.

I know full well that I DO know what I am talking about! :old

Nice that you were right, super horrid that you were right... if you follow...

I hope that since he was in the hospital so soon, that, as these things go, it won't be too bad.
I’ve been an EMT longer than that kid has been alive….

I know what you meant about it being good that I was right, yet bad that I was right. Hoping things were caught before damage was done.

Good morning, Pond. Things are much brighter from my lily pad today. Thankfully.
:hugs

I HATE it when I get stuck with know-it-alls who do not listen to what I say.
It's the new Era. Dealt with it yesterday. Kids who have never been told no or just to "Shut up and listen." Lord, I hate typing that. Makes me sound like the old man that I am.

Many have yet to realize that the true measure of intelligence is knowing your limitations.

Good morning, Pond. Things are much brighter from my lily pad today. Thankfully.

It's the new Era. Dealt with it yesterday. Kids who have never been told no or just to "Shut up and listen." Lord, I hate typing that. Makes me sound like the old man that I am.

Many have yet to realize that the true measure of intelligence is knowing your limitations.
Sometimes it takes life experience to learn one’s limitations…

We just hung our grand daughter's wedding picture on our bedroom wall. Four badass women: My MIL the Gypsy queen, the Princess, our daughter, and now Heather. Good looking, hard working, independent, capable ladies. I admire them all. Oh, that I should be so lucky to see another generation. :fl

The adventure continues… when we left CO this morning, we drove to Wind Cave National Park with DS and family. We got there about noon. Our tour didn’t start until 2:20, so we just relaxed and hung out. As we entered the cave, the lights flashed 3 times, signaling the Ranger to call the information center. He came back and told us that there was a chance of severe weather coming in, but since we had already started the tour, we could continue. At the end of the tour, the lights flashed again, so he went to a phone and called again. This time, he said that the weather above was “a little rocky” with torrential rain, hail and 60 mph winds. We could either stay in the cave, or he’d get us out. About 1/2 the people chose to go. We decided to wait out the storm underground. So we got 20 minutes or so of bonus time in the cave. When we went into the cave, it was sunny and 85 outside. When we emerged, it was overcast, 20* cooler, and there were drifts of hail. Happily, there was no damage to the car. We are now headed home. GPS says we’ll arrive around 1:00 am. We may or may not stop partway.

The adventure continues… when we left CO this morning, we drove to Wind Cave National Park with DS and family. We got there about noon. Our tour didn’t start until 2:20, so we just relaxed and hung out. As we entered the cave, the lights flashed 3 times, signaling the Ranger to call the information center. He came back and told us that there was a chance of severe weather coming in, but since we had already started the tour, we could continue. At the end of the tour, the lights flashed again, so he went to a phone and called again. This time, he said that the weather above was “a little rocky” with torrential rain, hail and 60 mph winds. We could either stay in the cave, or he’d get us out. About 1/2 the people chose to go. We decided to wait out the storm underground. So we got 20 minutes or so of bonus time in the cave. When we went into the cave, it was sunny and 85 outside. When we emerged, it was overcast, 20* cooler, and there were drifts of hail. Happily, there was no damage to the car. We are now headed home. GPS says we’ll arrive around 1:00 am. We may or may not stop partway.
Any photos???

After a "vacation" like you just had... I would never again leave my home! :barnie :oops:

Back
Top Bottom