Announcement Welcome To The New BYC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes a little getting used to, but it has good functionality. And it's like a new device you get where, because the instructions are written badly by someone in a foreign country, they're useless and you just play around with it and discover all the neat features you need to us. We don't really have instructions here, per se, so you play and learn. You may not use all the features on the device, but eventually you do find what you need and it works for you. (though I hate to say this, and I'm sorry, Rob, I hope this site isn't the sum total of a person's life-it's just a chicken forum and it's not critical if it doesn't all come together in three days' time for you, but it will!)

I don't think Nifty had a choice about moving the platform here, unless I am mistaken. The folks who manage the different sites did all that and were not going to continue the old one anymore (? right?). Seriously, though, can anyone really remember the one before the last one? I sure can't. We'll all get used to it and find all the new stuff as time goes on and most of you will learn to really love this one, I bet.

And by the way, how the HECK do you mobile people do this forum, or any forum, on a tiny screen? I HATE my cell phone! I can barely answer it and make a call on it. I surely would never want to surf the web on it! I use BYC on my desktop computer. (I can actually leave BYC to go places and not think about it until I get back, whodathunkit? :p).
I, for one, would scream and hurl the phone against the wall if I had to use it for BYC. Me, I don't have one that can do internet stuffs. And I like it that way.

I find it easier actually haha well, I haven't tried the new site on a computer but on the old one, I found desktop mode very clunky and hard to navigate and mobile was very streamlined and easy. As for vision, I guess I just have good eyes lol but you can zoom in on a phone. Although I use mine all day every day so I think I'm starting to get carpal tunnel and bad eyes haha I think I already have carpal tunnel. But they actually say people are going blind or can go blind from the phones etc. Because everyone uses them and holds them like 12 inches from their faces i guess, or less, etc. Makes sense to me. Sometimes I can't see stuff further away as well or actually closer too for some things. I guess I should decrease my phone use aha

I get queasy trying to find stuff on a cell phone. I HATE CELL PHONES! Doesn't matter. We can't get a signal anywhere around this place. And yes, my computer is super slow, but at least, it has DSL (well, sort of- 2-4 Mbps is barely DSL). I don't flit around from place to place much, mostly at home where EVERY call is dropped within 1-2 seconds. And I have a TracPhone that I buy a minute card for every 3 months, only for emergencies. It really bugs me seeing people walking around with boxes attached to the side of their heads or looking at screens all the time. This is the generation of arthritic thumbs! BYC is not going to be seen on my little phone, not ever. If I had my druthers, I'd disconnect from it all, but DH lives on his computer.

Hi,

Great job on the new backyard chickens website! I am still trying to figure out how to start a new thread?

Thanks!

Well, we are city people- have never owned any type of farm animal but my 11 year old begged for chickens for her birthday. Now we have 5- 4 week old chicks. They are very adorable and I surely want to educate myself as to what to do with them and how to care for them! I am excited to have found this forum

Attachments

• IMG_4707.JPG
    IMG_4707.JPG
    303.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4851.JPG
    IMG_4851.JPG
    878.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4852.JPG
    IMG_4852.JPG
    761.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4856.JPG
    IMG_4856.JPG