Announcement Welcome To The New BYC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
50x50px-ZC-7eac302a_chicken-run-smiley-emoticon.gif
Well, as for me, I love it! And I greatly appreciate all the hard work put into the transition and everything that is still going on behind the scenes. We had seriously outgrown our old "coop" and the software had reached the end of it's lifespan. Had Nifty and his crew decided not to tackle this enormous move we would have no "coop" at all and we would all be free ranging for a new home!
Thank you guys!!! Now, try to get some sleep!

Well this sucks I don't like it looks like you guys down graded
I'm sorry you're disappointed, but please understand we are still working behind the scenes on this conversion. Some things are taking longer then expected. However, we feel everyone will be happy with this move and will go on to have a better and more awesome experience here. :)

Well this sucks I don't like it looks like you guys down graded

Have some respect for the staff. It's fine if you don't like it but they put, and are still putting, a lot of effort into this move and there is no need to be rude. Besides, the site only just moved like less than two weeks ago. They focused on moving all the important stuff like our data first and are still working all the kinks out. Aesthetics are not at the top of the list right now. However, I am sure once they get the main parts of the site working properly they will work on that. And I also happen to think the site looks a lot like the old one and there are a lot of new features. Also you can feel free to make a thread for what you think should be changed, if you actually have any suggestions.

ALSO.

Everyone seems to forget, or chooses to ignore this very important part and I am sick of it. That is....

THEY HAD NO CHOICE.

Everyone seems to think they just did this for looks or wanted to "downgrade" as you put it but do you really think they would just move us and do all this work for no reason???

The server we were on was shutting down. They were forced to move by that company and had no choice in the matter. They chose this platform because the sister sites are on it and it was easier than having to sift through a million different options and waste time they didn't have. Plus it's a good system.

I am also really sick of people being rude to Nifty and the team, although this is the worst one. Didn't your parent's ever teach you if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?

And that's not to say you can't have an opinion or that anyone who opposes isn't allowed. No. You can have one but the issue is in how you said it.

You could have phrased it nicer or at the very least thanked them for all their hard work.

Examples:

You know, I really don't like the new site that much but thanks for all the hard work in moving it.

Or if you insist on having the downgrade part:

I really don't like the site, in my opinion it looks like you downgraded it, but I know it was a lot of hard work in moving it so thank you.

The it sucks was just rude and unnecessary.

Try to THINK before you speak. Not just here but in real life. It will help.

A little respect for all the hard work the staff did for this would be appreciated ;). You must understand, they didn't change the site for aesthetics. The server had to be changed because BYC has just grown to be too big for where It was.

it has a lot more features and is still a work in progress
it will take you some getting used to BUT there are a TON of tutorials and helpful people to guide you through

View attachment 816579 Well, as for me, I love it! And I greatly appreciate all the hard work put into the transition and everything that is still going on behind the scenes. We had seriously outgrown our old "coop" and the software had reached the end of it's lifespan. Had Nifty and his crew decided not to tackle this enormous move we would have no "coop" at all and we would all be free ranging for a new home!
Thank you guys!!! Now, try to get some sleep!

I'm sorry you're disappointed, but please understand we are still working behind the scenes on this conversion. Some things are taking longer then expected. However, we feel everyone will be happy with this move and will go on to have a better and more awesome experience here. :)

Well said guys!!! Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom