Well, after this latest drop off, Ken did it.

Poor little guy..
sad.png

Your a good doobie, Debi..
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
No this is my step daughters little brother - not the same father. In fact the mother abandoned Sara and Kenny when they were 5 and 3 and KEn raised them. Robert is approaching the age where he no longer brings in as much money, so her interest is waning.

We are taking him to a pumpkin patch today, even though she left one. He's never been.

Poor little guy, he's lucky has you. It's in the air I guess, a friend of mine I was having breakfast with this morning got a call from the bus terminal in El Paso. His ex wife sent his two sons, 11 and 12 on a bus from AZ with a trash bag full of clothes. I guess it's easier to send unaccompanied minors on a bus than an airplane. They called from the terminal there to get picked up.

You might enjoy this story. One day my aunt Grace and uncle Charley were sitting at the kitchen table one morning drinking coffee and reading the mail. Among the usual bills there was a letter from Uncle Charley's brother telling them that he had put the kids on the train and he and his wife were sending them to live with Aunt Grace and Uncle Charlie. Permanently. In case you are wondering why they didn't call, this was the mid 40's and Grace and Charley didn't have a phone. It turned out they were arriving that very afternoon. Uncle Charley and Aunt Grace went to the station to pick up the kids and brought them home. There were five of them. The oldest was starting high school and the youngest was a babe in arms. The oldest eventually went back to her parents but Grace and Charley raised the others to adulthood. As far as I know they never received a dime in child support. Grace and Charley had a very small house and not much money but they managed. They had a very large garden and a small farm and they were able to produce most of the food needed. Aunt Grace canned a lot. The kids picked fruit and vegetables during the summer and helped out around the place.

Take pictures. Lay out everything he came with and take pictures. Don't know how much good it would do but it might help.

Drugs are a horrible thing. Have dealt with my DSS for five years....that and drinking. For the first time since I have known him he is not drinking, working a good job and determined to stay clean. Sad thing is his daughters. My DGD that I get every other weekend. I think I hit home with him the last time he came to my door at 9am with a suitcase of beer in one hand and an open beer in the other. Met him at the door and pushed him back out. Told him to go home and sleep it off and he was welcome back in my house but his beer was not. He said don't tell my daughter. I told him he was stupid if he thought she did not know and that it was time to grow up before he lost he completely. He has mostly. Her grandfather and I get her every other weekend. She does not want to have much to do with him at all.

Good luck and cover all your bases.

Back
Top Bottom