Well, after this latest drop off, Ken did it.

Boyd, we have reported her to CPS 5 times now with no action whatsoever. It is disheartening to say the least. I have to be at a seminar all day today and tomorrow and I will be checking out that link that is provided above!!!

Thanks everyone!

You have to be very consistant in everything, decipline, chores, bedtime, etc. They learn fast. We were blessed with a 6 month old grandson after 23 years of not having a baby in the house. He was back and forth for the first year and every time we got him back we had to redo everything. We have had him 10 years and adopted him legally last year. Blessings come in small packages sometimes! He totally turned our lives upside down. We were finally at the point where we had no kids at home, could go out to eat when we wanted, all the weekends free, looking forward to doing alot of traveling. At the time it was almost more than I could take. But that little fellow has been the best thing that ever happened to us. I hope your experience will be a positive one. The first year will be the most challenging. Most children act out because they know that, even if they get in trouble, they're getting some kind of attention, which is more than they ever got. May God bless you in this. Your gonna need alot of prayers believe me. On the days when you just want to throw in the towel and give up, go in and watch him sleep. (That's when they're the sweetest!) You'll get your courage back!

Deb..heres my concern..
You HAVE to get some kind of written permission from parent/legal guardian that he can be in your care.(basically saying that you have PERMISSION from his mom to have him live with you now.. etc.. ..)..and that you have permission to make decisions medically..(in case of an accident..)..etc...
If he gets sick or falls and breaks an arm..etc.... and you have to bring him to the hospital...they will ask who is the legal guardian... and .. etc... and it can get REAL messy from there...
You really do have to call CPS and tell them that he is in your care... because if you get in a situation that something happens..its not going to be good...
Also..what if mom says that Ken wouldnt give her son back to her?? (when CPS comes knocking on her door for child abandonment..)..
What if she says that Ken wouldnt give him back to her? Could Ken be up for some kind of kidnapping charges..or something like that??
Real important stuff to think about here...
Thats WHY ya gotta call CPS... its called cover your azz..

Last edited:
Quote:
CPS has been called 5 times and they did nothing. Sara is his sister so she is immediate family. I have to wait to do anything until Wednesday as I am traveling 4 hours a day to a stinkin seminar.
barnie.gif

I would subscribe to one of the parenting websites that gives milestones for different ages. I wouldn't judge him too harshly for not being up to academic standards just yet. It will show if you are frustrated with him. My son is 4 1/2 and in a very very good preschool. They are working on letter recognition now. Colors will come easily to him I am sure. Would you like to wear the blue shirt or the orange shirt?

Quote:
Oh trust me!!! I keep on the inside and follow my own advise to Sara: When he frustrates the hell out of you DO NOT YELL AT HIM. Give him a cookie and go out back and holler to the wind. The child is disconnected somewhere, which leads me to believe that mom did drugs while preggers. One minute he knows all his letters and numbers and the next he looks at me like I am Godzilla and just parrots me. Most of the time he remembers my name, then comes a moment when he calls me Sara. Odd.

Quote:
Oh trust me!!! I keep on the inside and follow my own advise to Sara: When he frustrates the hell out of you DO NOT YELL AT HIM. Give him a cookie and go out back and holler to the wind. The child is disconnected somewhere, which leads me to believe that mom did drugs while preggers. One minute he knows all his letters and numbers and the next he looks at me like I am Godzilla and just parrots me. Most of the time he remembers my name, then comes a moment when he calls me Sara. Odd.

Sometimes kids do that when removed from their familiar routines and surroundings. When my youngest stepdaughter came to spend a month for the first time at 3.5 years old, she was fine for the first 2.5 weeks, then she started calling both my mil and myself "mommie" or "grandma" or "Suze" at times, and other times by our correct names. Next visit was a week at Christmas, and she never got anyone's name wrong. This is the one child of ours who graduated from college in 4 years and with honors. The others all took at least 6 years and while all did well, none graduated with honors.

I wouldn't push the school stuff at that age, yet. Mine learned gradually over time and he has a lot of time to make up for. My goal is always to have my kids reading and doing simple math before Kindergarten and that usually starts them off WAY ahead of their peers. You have plenty of time!

At 3, I think mine knew basic colors, number recognition 0-9, counting to 10 and singing the alphabet. We also started our kids in part-time preschool 2 half-days a week at 3 years old, so that helped, too. I didn't start teaching letter recognition or letter sounds until they were 4 or so.

You are such a blessing to this little guy!
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom