Well Hello and call me stupid 8)

Petuniapig

Chirping
9 Years
May 20, 2010
West Texas
Hello everyone. My name is Gayla, I am 45 years old and I did a stupid thing and now I need your help lol

I have an old Brower 817G Incubator model number 11670-3, 155 watts, 120 volts, cycle 60 AC.
It is a round aluminum with one small round window and a screw sticking up in the center that says decrease one way and increase the other.
It has been in storage for 25+ years and belonged to an uncle who has passed away.
I decided I wanted to raise Guineas and drug it out of storage and cleaned it up and plugged it in. The light came and on it heated up. Thermometer that is in it is the original one that came with it and says 120 so I have turned the screw on top to decrease. Now what has me stumped is the screw has a wing nut at the bottom, I am not sure if you turn the screw or the wing nut lol. The temp is not decreasing in any case. If anyone knows anything about this kind of incubator I could sure use some help. I already got a couple dozen eggs waiting to put in so I have to figure this out or find someone to incubate them for me lol. Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
from California and what Elite Silkies said.

Quote:
I may have found the problem, when I turn the screw the nut turns with it, they are stuck together...hmmm
Let me dig out the WD-40 and see what happens.

Loosen the wingnut. it's ok if it turns with the adjustment screw. Slowly back off the adjustment screw until your light goes off. Do this until the right temperature is found. After your temp holds steady, keeping the adjustment screw completely still, tighten the wingnut just enough that it will keep the adjustment screw from turning. Problem solved. The wingnut is just to hold the other from getting accidentally bumped & out of adjustment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom