Well here's my bator....Pics...

SophieLain127

Songster
10 Years
Apr 7, 2009
So after my first failed attempt at a bucket-bator I made one out of a wooden crate. It's primitive but the temp and humidity are steady. Eggs are in and we are shooting for a hatch date of the 25th.

I got eggs from two different people. Eggs are RIR and Comet mixes. I had one accident and an egg busted while cleaning it. I have 15 eggs in the bator.

The first four eggs I got for free
first4eggsRIRandComents.jpg

A dozen RIR/Comet mix $5 for the dozen. Got them from a lady who was hatching eggs of her own.
DozenofRIRandComets.jpg

Outside of my primitive bator
DSCN0135.jpg

2 inside pics of my bator
DSCN0133.jpg

DSCN0132.jpg

Sophie has been asking me ever couple of hours if the chicks are ready yet. I must admit I wish they'd hurry up!
tongue.png

SophieLain127

Songster
10 Years
Apr 7, 2009
Well once I got the courage to try another attempt at making an incubator..lol... it wasn't. It is basically a wooden crate, lined with foil, and a 100wt bulb. I put a phone book on one side and use it to keep the eggs tilted.

Yes this is my first time incubating eggs at all. I'm still really nervous but excited.

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Fluffy Feather Farm
12 Years
Jan 26, 2010
Texas, Panhandle
Quote:
Cool, I've never had any of those breeds before, but my friend has Rhode Island Reds, and she say they are great layers and she just loves them to death!!! I bet you'll love them, too!

Top Bottom