Well here's my bator....Pics...

SophieLain127

Songster
10 Years
Apr 7, 2009
So after my first failed attempt at a bucket-bator I made one out of a wooden crate. It's primitive but the temp and humidity are steady. Eggs are in and we are shooting for a hatch date of the 25th.

I got eggs from two different people. Eggs are RIR and Comet mixes. I had one accident and an egg busted while cleaning it. I have 15 eggs in the bator.

The first four eggs I got for free
first4eggsRIRandComents.jpg

A dozen RIR/Comet mix $5 for the dozen. Got them from a lady who was hatching eggs of her own.
DozenofRIRandComets.jpg

Outside of my primitive bator
DSCN0135.jpg

2 inside pics of my bator
DSCN0133.jpg

DSCN0132.jpg

Sophie has been asking me ever couple of hours if the chicks are ready yet. I must admit I wish they'd hurry up!
tongue.png

Well once I got the courage to try another attempt at making an incubator..lol... it wasn't. It is basically a wooden crate, lined with foil, and a 100wt bulb. I put a phone book on one side and use it to keep the eggs tilted.

Yes this is my first time incubating eggs at all. I'm still really nervous but excited.

Quote:
Cool, I've never had any of those breeds before, but my friend has Rhode Island Reds, and she say they are great layers and she just loves them to death!!! I bet you'll love them, too!

Back
Top Bottom