well I could not resist

That is fantistic! I have never shipped big ol' duck eggs before (only Bantam chicken eggs), so I was worried that they might come in broken - I was willing to replace them if that happened, though. It is just soooo much better that you get them all intact the first time
big_smile.png

I think my only mistake was I should have went for 12 not 6 lol. These are big eggs thats for sure. I cant wait to see what happens
smile.png
. I will be ordering again thats for sure
big_smile.png

My duck's eggs were in the bator with chicken eggs,,, so the difference shouldn't be much. I have a very happy duckling chasing me around. I'm looking forward to seeing yours!
I did follow someone's advice of misting them though at the last. I took them out of the bator and put them in the smaller cooler/bator I made with my class so I could mist them.
Kate

thanks writer. after the next batch of chickens I may be done with them (for now). I am going to start hatching ducks. I think I may get one more set from graceful in may. then when we move start hatching more chickies and duckies
smile.png

I think I have 12 days left till hatch day. I saw an egg move and my heart was racing. it was just the turner moving them lol. Temp and humidity is good. I dont candle them because I am scared of loosing a baby and I like it to be a suprise
big_smile.png

Sounds good
big_smile.png

I had only set 4 Duck eggs for myself, but all 4 hatched
big_smile.png
(well, one hatched 3 days early for some reason, and didn't fully make it out of the shell
hmm.png
)
I have pictures posted, of the three that I still have, here..... if you want to see your eggs' brothers/sisters
lol.png

They are so cute! I cant wait to see what mine are going to turn out like. now you made me go from impatient to extremely inpatient lol. I will be staring at those pics daily. thank you
tongue.png

Um....believe me, there are some "surprises" when it comes to eggs, that you will not enjoy....I had the joy of cleaning up and smelling, two rotten eggs from underneath my broody-wish I would have candled again! lol!

Back
Top Bottom