Well I Did It I Ordered Chicks Online For The First Time

so can not wait to get them i am glad to hear that everyone had a good experience with them i live way out in the country. Kids are excited and ready to hold them. once i get them i will only have room for 5 more till i upgrade my coop and run next summer as of now i have a 10ft by 8 ft shed from lowes that i converted and a 16ft by 16ft run next summer i plan to add another shed and convert it plus add mor to the run to make it 16ft by 28 ft. how ofter do the chicks go broody i have an unexpected roo or we believe is a roo and i would like them to hatch a few but not to many because of the space untill we expand it. How many baby chicks can a hen hatch at one time. also is it safe to eat the fertile eggs. DH said i could sell any extra chicks seeing as sometimes it will be hard to get the eggs out from under the hen that wants to hatch but i do not know i will see them and want to keep them all lol. again ty for all the advice and letting me know of your experiences with MPC and other hatcheries and i will make sure the day i get them to post lots of pics

I love it. That's what I was doing, counting my chickens before they hatched (literally). There sure are a lot of chicken references out there, aren't there. Pecking order, henpecked, mad as a wet hen, flying off the handle, being a chicken (coward), counting..., I wonder how many there really are.

Quote:

Quote:
I ordered my 4 new Welsummer chicks on MPC on Monday. They shipped out Tuesday night and I had them Wed morning by 9am. Everyone was healthy. It is now Saturday and they are doing great!

wow they got there fast i live in mississippi so it probably will take a little longer so can not wait to see them counting down the days to many to go and wait DH thinks i am crazy but u have to love those fuzzy little butts

I ordered my first chicks a few weeks ago from MPC. I ordered 10. They were shipped on Monday afternoon and arrived at my PO just after noon on Tues. so made it here in less than 24 hrs. Unfortunately, we're so much colder up here than the Lower 48, barely breaking 60 degrees, and they were all dead when they arrived. I called MPC and explained and they were extremely apologetic and really shocked that none made it. Hard lesson learned.
sad.png
We decided to try again but treat it as a winter shipment so they reshipped my chicks, plus 5 more added, and shipped them with a heating element. I picked up 15 lively, peeping chicks at 7am last Wed, 8 Speckled Sussex and 7 EE's. It was just a little over 24 hrs this time.
I have no complaints about MPC. Their customer service was extremely helpful and they honored their guarantee. I'd order more chicks from them.

thank you for sharing with me all of yalls experiences i was told since it was 5 that they pack a little heat pack in there for them to stay warm since it is less than 25 chicks did anyone else get one of those when they ordered i will see when mine come in. also it has been close to 100 degrees here lately will that affect the chicks

Last edited:
Quote:
I didn't. But Meyer is about 6 hours away from me and we're having mid 90 temps, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. It was surrounded in that straw stuff though.

i live several hours from where they will be comming from should i worry about that i pray that they all arrive safely and alive my daughter will be so upset if just one dies expecially the one she picked out i live about 21 hours from where my little babies are being incubated and about to hatch in just 7 days they should be ok right to they travel by land the whole way or do they fly them to certain areas then get on the road

ordered 5 chicks from my pet chicken in early june..not 1 problem and love themmmmm...so much that i ordered 5 more yesterday..they will ship August 9 just like ur batch. so looking foward to it

Back
Top Bottom