Well I Did It I Ordered Chicks Online For The First Time

countrygirl911

Songster
9 Years
Jun 17, 2010
Mississippi
Well i just ordered 5 baby chicks that will be shipped around aug 9th. This is the first time to order them online and have them shipped thru the mail. My first 10 chicks were pruchased at the feed stores so i hope these little bundles of joy make it here safely i am already on pins and needles what we do not do for the love of chickens and for our children who want them. I ordered 1 female white Leghorn, 1 Australorp, 1 silver spangled hamburg (will clip wind since it like to jump the fence when it get older), and 2 red stars. the first three are the ones the kids picked out as their own little chick the 2 red stars are mine. I ordered from mypetchicken. Has anybody else ordered from them if so what was your experience with them.

Last edited:
i just ordered my first ever chicks from MPC and they arrived (to HI) very quickly. i believe they were born on monday and got here tuesday afternoon. can't complain about that. everyone was alive and energetic once they got food and drink in them.

there was one small discrepancy with the paperwork that i wrote to them about. they responded within a couple days and are sending me the corrected papers.

so, so far, i'm happy.

I have ordered several times on line and once from My Pet Chicken. I have never had a problem. Mine are always here 2 days after hatch/ship date. I have only had one death in almost 100 shipped. Just make certain to have fresh water and food ready. They hit the ground running. Then watch for pasty butt in the first couple days. Keep their behinds clean and you are clear to go. Enjoy your new furry butts!

That's quite an assortment. Pictures please when they arrive.

Last edited:
Please post pics!!!
big_smile.png

I sure will post picks when they arrive tons of them when the kids woke up this morning i told them i ordered their chicks they picked out last night and they went searching everywere for them thinking they were already here lol i had to let them know in a little over a week they will get here. i am already on pins and needles waiting and i know this week will seem to go buy so slow. the hamburg one of my DD picked it out because once grown it looks like a dalmation puppy on the way it is marked. For the first week i usually wipe their butts every day to make sure there is no pasting. SO CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE THEM

If you're like me, you'll call for that tracking number and track nonstop!

I ordered from Meyer Hatchery a about three weeks ago. They were scheduled to hatch this past Monday, and were shipped at 2:30pm. I got them Tuesday at around 1pm! They are all happy, healthy, and doing fantastic!

Good luck with yours! Can't wait to see pics!

I ordered my first 12 chicks from MPC and was very, very happy with the service and delivery. 12 little healthy peeping fuzzy butts of joy! I ordered pullets, and every one of them is a pullet. Sure beats taking your chances with straight run! I have since hatched two batches of eggs, so now I will have some decisions to make because I do have some roos...
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Meyer Hatchery is where MyPetChicken gets their chicks -- I watched a video on Meyer Hatchery, and saw a cart with stacks of day-old chicks that had a sign on it "MPC". Obviously, those were chicks to fill MPC orders. I love that MPC lets me order as few as 3 chicks.

Back
Top Bottom