Well I Did It I Ordered Chicks Online For The First Time

8ROYALS that is alot of little fuzzy butts wish i had a coop big enough to hold that many mine holds 20 thats giving the birds 4 sq feet ber bird i have a 10ft X 8ft coop with a 16ft X16ft run. sunshine23 congrats on ordering your baby chicks trust me they will get addictive and you will want more and more and more. Now the waiting begins and i know it will seem forever till they get here but just think when they do you will be so excited i just wish time did not feel like it was standing still so ready to get my little fuzzy butts home. going in the next day or 2 to get the things i need for them mainly feed because all i have as of right now is the grower which is feed to my older birds outside that range from11 to 14 weeks old. Pluse a new light buld for the heat lamp

I, also, just ordered my first chicks EVER from Meyer's. I live in the city and can only have 3 chicks, they were the only hatchery to send them overnight on a heating pad so that I could get such a small order. I'm getting one Amerucana, one Barred plymouth rock, and a Speckled Sussex. I hope they come tomorrow!

I have three fenced acres here with just my dog, cat, several feral cats, a redfox that lives under my house, a skunk and possums. I will be build a huge coop and run, plus they will be free ranging while I look for work. i know my predators so I am preparing my coop accordingly. I have an uncle in OK that is bringing me 36 eggs to incubate the end of Aug. I am preparing my coop in case all hatch and live. Because if I do not plan that way I will not have the room. Besides I can get more later....lol I will post pics and keep informed 25 from MPC and 13 eggs on day 19 now. wish me luck...more later...

well i just wanted to update everyone i got an email from MPC that stated that i did not order the minimum they require for where i lived at so instead of 5 chicks i and getting 8 chicks all i can say is oh my god i think i have really lost my mind lol we are now getting 2 female RSL/RED STARS, 2 female LEGHORNS, 2 female SILVER SPANGLED HAMBURG, and 2 female AUSTRALORP man hubby will have to extend coop and run before we planned to with the way we are going with getting chickens

I had to order 8, too. My coop is small and even 6 will be pushing it, so someone has to be rehomed. One was DOA (an EE, darn it), and it looking like a couple may be roos, so it may not turn out to be too big a decision. A bigger coop isn't an option right now, so to keep them happy, i'll have to make a hard decision in a couple of months or so. I have a neighbor with chickens who has agreed to take a hen, but he doesn't want a rooster. Sigh.

Quote:

If this was directed at me? No, I ordered pullets, but who knows. Vent sexing is an inexact science. I'm telling you, that Delaware and the Welsummer have HUGE feet.

Quote:

Thanks for the offer. They are 3 weeks old right now - that awkward point where nothing seems certain. Another member looked at my Welsummer photos (she raises them) and said they were contradictory and to wait a week or two. A Delaware breeder assured me that it would be more obvious later, and that the Dels were probably girls.

I've posted a couple of them (breed issue rather than gender) over on the appropriate forum, but in another week (at 4 weeks old), I'll post pics again. I just tend to be extremely impatient. All the patience of a lighted fuze. Also, behavior is one indicator that simply doesn't make it to the photo. In fact I've spend nearly 3 days trying to get a decent picture of my mystery chick's comb.

Quote:

Back
Top Bottom