Well I Did It I Ordered Chicks Online For The First Time

ordered 5 chicks from my pet chicken in early june..not 1 problem and love themmmmm...so much that i ordered 5 more yesterday..they will ship August 9 just like ur batch. so looking foward to it

what kind did you order i ordered 1 female leghorn, 2 female red Sex linked/Red stars, 1 female Australorp, and 1 female Silver Spangled Hamburg

WELL, I ordered 10 japanese BTW bantams and 15 golden laced sebrights from CACKLE HATCHERY (they were the closest to me). Extremely pleased with the service I received. They were shipped Wednesday (july 28) and I received them Friday (july 30). All were alive and well. Received 16 sebrights and 17 japanese!!!!! WOW! Either they read the ticket wrong, or they gave me 7 extra japanese bantams. Either way, I am in love. Can't get enough of the little creatures.

I had no problem getting the to eat or drink. I guess the trip was so long they were starving and thirsty when they arrived. I am glad I ordered a lot, I could just sit and watch them all day long.

Best of luck to you. You'll love it and I hope the experience goes well.

I have an order to arrive the week of Aug 23..... never ordered online before.... ordered form MPC ..... when you pick them up from the post office, did you take food/water and give it to them even before putting them in the car ?!?!? Silly question maybe, but this is my first order !!

Quote:
Not necessary at that point but as soon as you bring them home, set up a waterer in the brooder and as you unload each chick, hold it by the head and dip it's beak in the water before release. I will hold the chick firmly but without squeezing it so my index finger is on top of its head, then I push it's head down into the water just long far enough so the beak is submerged, once I release the chick it will hold up its head and let the water run in. Most of the time they will stay right there and drink. This gets them drinking which is probably more important at that point than eating.

Last edited:
OMG, you are so excited...I can so relate.. I wish you the best of luck....I have only ordered from McMurray Hatchery before, but I have only had good results, and I am sure you will also.

thank you i am so excited i can not wait time seems to have standed still seems like forever i told my hubby id i am not at home when they call because i have to go finish getting stuff together for my school like buying my books then he has to go get them from the post office and i told him i will be calling every few min to see if they called yet he thinks i am crazy but i know i am not lol. Chickie<3 i also ordered the silver spangled hamburg one of my DD picked it out

I ordered the 25 assorted pullets from MPC tha was on-sale for $47.00 with mareks that was $55.00 Because of free shipping. I wanted to start with one or two breeds but this was a great deal. I have 13 eggs in the incubator due this week..MPC will be here either Tuesday or Wednesday.

I ordered my babies from MPC and they will arrive the week of 8/9 (YAY next week!!)
big_smile.png

I will be a first time mommy here in US because I had chickens back in my country. I will post pics as soon as I get them
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom