Well, I did it!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Reurra, May 31, 2012.

1. Reurra

Reurra Crowing

Apr 11, 2012
    Nova Scotia
    I kicked them out!! Out they went! My 6 week old babies have gone to the coop!!

I hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope hope they will be ok in the coop!!

I spent the evening building a nice big enclosure for them. I put a nice big cat carrier in with them to hide in too. I made the bedding nice and thick so they could be warm. I really hope they will be OK!!! [​IMG]

The nights are getting down to the mid to upper 40s. I really hope they will stay warm and be ok. There are no drafts.

Its so hard to cut the umbilical cord!!!! [​IMG]

2. ChickiesInUtah

ChickiesInUtah Chirping

May 14, 2012
    Northern Utah
    Good luck! I hope you sleep well. I'm sure they'll be happy in there with all of the extra room and places to explore. [​IMG]

I know my first night will be hard, too.

3. cary 1973

cary 1973 Songster

i failed my first night but good thing cuz we ended up having a nasty thunderstorm then the second night I almost failed they were out side peeping and peeping it broke my heart but the people on here told me to hold out anther 20 min and they would settle down and guess what they did. and now they are very happy little birdies. I think you will lose more sleep then they will good luck tonight hope you dont have to wake up early in the am

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: