~Well . . . I guess it could be worse~

1mommahen

Love My Cluckin' Coop
13 Years
Mar 20, 2008
NJ
I could live in the top two! But lucky for me I live in Hunterdon County!

Hunterdon County has third-highest property tax in the nation
By Express-Times staff
September 23, 2009, 8:45PM

New Jersey continues to have among the highest property taxes in the nation.

The Tax Foundation analyzed Census figures and determined Garden State homeowners put 7 percent of their paychecks toward property taxes in 2008.

New Jersey's median property tax bill was $6,320.

The group found six of the nation's 10 most expensive counties were in New Jersey.

Hunterdon County property owners paid a median bill of $8,492, or third-highest in the country.

Westchester and Nassau counties in New York topped the list of counties. The median bill in Westchester was $8,890 and $8,628 in Nassau.
rant.gif
somad.gif
barnie.gif

jb01, we're lookin' to get out of here. DH and I were both born and raised here so it's weird to contemplate leaving, but with more articles like this, it won't be hard to twist my arm!
roll.png

DH has a good pension coming and DD will graduate high school in June! Not much holding us back after that!
big_smile.png

Don't want to go south, don't like the heat so we're thinking Central PA.

Time will tell!

That's crazy! Our taxes are $240 a year. But- we have no trash pick-up, no sewer, maybe 3 cops in the whole county, volunteer fire department.....
So- you have to pay for all of the conveniences of metropolitan areas somehow.
Still seems ridiculously high though.

Happymtn, we have no police dept., volunteer fire co. and septic! Plus we pay $300 per year for 3 bags of garbage per week!

Now ya know why I'm po'ed!
rant.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom