Well I have pips again...and eggs coming!

SamG347

Songster
12 Years
Mar 4, 2007
PA
I have a small batch of Coturnix eggs that are due today into tomorrow. I just checked the bator to add water and saw pips and eggs rocking. This batch should have the following colors...

Red Tuxedo
Golden Italian/Manchurian
Reg.Brown

Only about 12-15 eggs.....but I have 2-3 dozen eggs coming in the mail! They include, Tuxedo, Golden, Golden Ginger, Ginger, and British Dark Range.
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif
thumbsup.gif

I will!!! Really hoping they hatch....this group would have been over 30 eggs but the thermometer I was using was just a cheapo from walmart that I got at the last minute to use in my one bator....But I just checked....have 3 eggs with visible pips and 2 eggs rocking. Hopefully tomorrow I will wake up and have lots of chicks...well lots meaning 5-7 out of the 12 hopefully. More would be nice too!
big_smile.png

I love quail and am so interested in them. I was wondering what do you do with them?? I know you keep them to breed and hatch them but what are other uses for them?? Do people buy the adult birds?? I would love to try to hatch out some in the future but am not sure what to do with them once I have them??

This may not be the right thread to ask this but I am curious:frow

Don't worry about thread jacking. I will have lots of hatching eggs and birds avaliable this spring/summer. I use my birds for breeding....meat...and eggs. Also have people that buy them to train dogs.
big_smile.png

Can't wait to see the babies from this batch!! Oh yeah one more quail question...
big_smile.png
Do people eat quail eggs like chicken eggs ??? I know they are small but just curious....again.
big_smile.png

1 Golden chick out! The chick is mostly white so I will be interested to see what she/he grows into.
4 More eggs pipped.

big_smile.png

As of this morning I have...

2 Reg.brown chicks
2 Golden chicks
1 Red Tuxedo chick

I think this might be all for this hatch. Leaving them in the bator till I get home then switching them to my temporary brooder aka the ten gallon fish tank...and in 3-4 days they will go in with the other chicks.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom