Well....I havent lost them all......

Tsagirl

Songster
12 Years
Dec 9, 2007
Springfield,OR
Ok here is the UPDATE.....drum roll please..........

Out of 48eggs.....I have exactly 14 that are fertile.
somad.gif
Kind of upseting that I could not have had more being like that, but maybe I will get a incubator like Lone Cowboys that does everything and has a "fan" and all i have to do is wait till day 21. LOL
lol.png

The rest of the eggs were clear and blood rings. Sorry Scott(aka)skeeter, none of yours made it.

I have 7 of Jodys that pulled though and 7 of another farmers eggs that pulled though!
Hopefully Jodys eggs will hatch so I can at least have my buffs that I have wanted. Either that or I will have to wait till spring to get some.
hit.gif

Okie dokie,
Talk with everyone later!

Some people are not aware that a fertile egg can be damaged right at the outset so that it can appear infertile-in other words, development is stopped almost immediately. The P.O. can really do a number on eggs even though they seem like they've arrived intact and undamaged.

very true speckled hen,although it was only about a 300 mile trip for them,but the Portland PO is brutal,although i am very sorry they arnt viable,when you get done with this batch maybe I can get some more too you if you wish

Last edited:
It's very true if they die off in the first days they look to be non-fertile. I never try to hope for more than a 50% hatch on shipped eggs. So much can go wrong and shipping is hard on them.

I figure if I get more than 50% its GREAT. If I get less, well it happens. I've had some batches that have done very poorly...zero or just one chick. I've had others that were over 90%.

A LOT can go wrong with incubating....start to finish.

Be happy you have some doing well !!

Julie
smile.png

Skeeter...I am not mad at you, nor ever will I be. The eggs being the way they ended up was COMPLETLY my fault!!!! You are never to blame and do not worry about more eggs, I will probably end up damaging them too if you send them. Thank you so much for offering though!
smile.png
smile.png

Its really ok, I am happy with what I have and could not ask for more, well maybe but that is just greedy of me.
lol.png

Now I am hoping they hatch...go babies go!
pop.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom