Well, I may as well throw mine in here.....

love.gif

Wow, thanks everyone! I thought it looked ordinary?
idunno.gif
I was going to paint the shed, maybe I won't!

I used to have 4 hens, but I lost one in August.
sad.png
I had this built bigger in anticipation hehehe You gotta be prepared !

Marlin - I live in the kind of town, where I'm VERY CLOSE to my neighbors, and according to the codes only allowed 4 chickens. bummer, BUT I have very nice neighbors, so I'm sneaking in some chicks, I can't take a chance and get too many....and no rooster.

It's a plastic type material shed, when we cut out the openings it was like waffled and basically hollow in the walls. If that makes sense. I have heavy duty plexi glass I put up in the windows and just turn the butterfly thingies to hold in the plexiglass.

941_027.jpg

The ladies enjoying their outside roost poles. I've upgrade the inside so I'll take some more pics later on.

Quote:
My wife saw the pic and asked "how come her yard doesnt look like the moon surface?" I have given up on filling the holes back in, they remember where the hole was, and refind it because it has loose dirt already.
lau.gif

when your ready let me know I will hook ya up with those chicks, if it starts to crow bring it back, I have a special place in my heart(stomach)for crowers
th.gif

You did a fantastic job! and the girls look happy on their roost. I like the fact you finished it, one of the problems I haveis half finishing something. The nice thing is the coop look's as if belongs there, fits in nicely. Enjoy and thanks for showing it.
HappyHatch'en

Here's the other set up.

chickens034.jpg

Mind you, its not plastic. It is vinyl and made by Royal Outdoor Shed company out in Canada. Royal has been superior with chicken sheds and they were bought out by a company in Ohio. They NO longer make those 8 by 10 ft Yardmate sheds. Only the ones we got the 4 x 7 Yardmate Series.

If I was to do it all over again, I should have gotten the 8 x 10 Winchester shed but money was the limit at the time I got my first flock of chickens.

Good job folks and if this company would take a good look, they would sell them like hotcakes!

Back
Top Bottom