Well, I talked them into it! (PIC HEAVY!!)

Well that's too bad. I hope you have better luck as your flock matures. Do you have any photos of the coop your dad built - with measurements?

Well that's too bad. I hope you have better luck as your flock matures. Do you have any photos of the coop your dad built - with measurements?
Not quite yet. He only has the ground set up right now, but he said he'll start working on it right away.... he better.
tongue.png

Haha, good luck! I don't know about your dad, but mine isn't very reliable
tongue.png
Lol! Well, he seems to get off at a slow pace, but then somehow he manages to put it all together in one day.
tongue.png
He enjoys building coops though, so that's a good thing.
roll.png

Ok, so here is the location for the layer coop-to be.
smile.png

The coop will go right under the tree, beside the existing fence there. The front coop wall will start at the first log post there, and the yard will stretch the the back fence to the very right.

As you can see, they will have quite the home. :)

Here is one of our ooooold coops, waiting to be refurbished. This will become my breeding coop, for the Breda fowl I hope to purchase soon.
celebrate.gif

And again the area where the layer coop will be.

yuckyuck.gif
Lol! I'm sure they will be!

No pictures today, but I cleaned the brooder and expanded the "wall" to give them more room. Oh my goodness they have SPROUTED! Yesterday I was busy, so I only checked their food and water in the morning and evening, but today when I handled them they seemed to have gained a pound! Not literally of course, but you get the gist. ;)

I took a lot of photos today, but I'll only post a few. :)

Dorthy is getting so sweet! She has such a cute face too!

Alice is getting so lovely. Even in the "ugly teen stage" she pretty.

Look at the fluffy feet!

Here they are eating out of the new feeder. Twice as large, with enough room for everyone's heads! lol

Left to right: Morty (Black copper maran), Glinda (black Australorp who is sooooo tiny!), Ginger (New Hampshire, who I hope is not George!) and Ruby (Pro. red).

In this picture you can see the incredible size difference between Glinda and the others!

Pretty/handsome Ginger/George. >.<

Studly Herk. I LOVE his facial expressions!

Alice and tiny Glinda.

Elphaba, Glinda's sister who is also an Australorp. She is not small like her sister.

Pretty Scarlet.

Little Buttercup is so cute. :)

Tiny little Glinda.

Big Bad Betty the Delaware. She looks so gawky nowadays.

Though she still has a cute face. :)

Everybody eating breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom