Well, I went ahead and did it!!!

yomama

Crowing
10 Years
Nov 6, 2009
outside, except when I'm inside
I've been wanting some more chicks, even though I just got my others is March. Guess you could say a quickly became addicted. I have been trying to talk myself out of it, being as it is fall now and I already take care of alot here at home. I even posted a thread today, asking for "voices of reason" to help me rationalize this. With the exception of a few, everyone was for it. Guess I should have seen that coming, I am posting on a site full of chicken loving people like myself! lol Anyway, after breaking the news to my husband that I wanted to get chicks now, and that we needed to build another coop, now, I went ahead and ordered them. I have to say, my husband is soooo wonderful. He didn't even give me any grief when I told him. He said that I always take care of any animal I take in, meaning I never dump the resposibility on anyone else, so it was really not that big of a deal. Anyway, I was able to order some of the breeds that I have been wanting for a while now. I ordered some Speckled Sussex and some Silkies, buff and partridge colors. As for the rest, I chose the "brown egg layer" assortment. Many that were on the list, I was very fond of so I was fine with that. Also I do like surprises, sometimes, so I will be curious to see what I get. Besides, there were some on that list that weren't available had I tried to order them individually. They are due to hatch Oct 25, a few days after my birthday!!!! I can't wait. I feel like when I was a little kid and my mom finally said yes to a puppy. - actually, I still get that way with puppies too. Anyway, I will post pics when I get them, and I'm sure I'm going to need help identifying the brown egg layer assortment. Hopefully all goes well!!!!! Here's my happy dance
bun.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
wee.gif

Last edited:
yay! getting chicks is like christmas morning!
smile.png
We have four that are laying right now... and 8 chicks that I got in September from MPC... they are growing quickly, and I can't wait for them all to be laying this spring! Congratulations!
wee.gif
:weee

Quote:
It is like Christmas morning, isn't it?! I guess you have to love chickens to understand that. I ordered these guys and gals from MPC too, as well as the ones I ordered in March. I really like MPC so far. I just hope everyone comes safe and sound. I was very fortunate that all of the ones I ordered back in March were all happy and healthy. One was a little weak at first, but came around just fine. One did end up being a roo, but I was able to rehome him no problem. Never did call call MPC to tell them, since he was supposed to be a she, but that's no biggee to me.

Back
Top Bottom