Well it looks like no ducks or geese for us...

Can you cancel your order (without a penalty)? If you are that unhappy......I would go elsewhere.
cool.png

Well, I finally got through and canceled my order with Cackle (thankfully they had not run the charge yet). I did a little more research on them and the reports weren't that glowing - negatives far outweighed the positives - they seem to need some work in the customer service dept.

I put an order for my WHs with Metzer - very pleasant to talk with - but will have to wait for my goslings until May I guess since none were available in early April. Next week...DUCKIES!!

Thanks for recommending Metzer (and letting me vent a little
he.gif
)

I like Cackle ad have not had a bad experience with them so I cannot say whether it was just a bad day or bad business. In January I called them, on a Saturday, to ask about easter orders and they answered first ring. The lady was very polite and extremely helpful. I like to use them because they are the closest ones to where I live and they are willing to let me do a pick-up instead of mail shipping; which I personally think is cruel. I am not trying to sway your decision in any direction, but if the first impression was all that counted, I wouldn't have any friends; or a husband for that matter (since I am quite bad with first impressions).

P.S. I did not read all the comments on here yet.... so I may have missed something. Good luck with your order.

Yeh, Mrs. BJ, I wanted to like them too since they are also closer to me for shipping, but between their website lacking good availability info., the curt emails and their mostly busy phone line without a messaging feature, it may be a while before I could give them another go. We'll see....

I've never had a problem with Cackle at all. They are one in maybe 2 or 3 hatcherys that actually hatch there own birds and dont drop ship. They are very buisy around this time and need some slack. Just because they dont pick up on the first ring doesnt mean they are a bad hatchery.

I've never ordered from Metzers before and they seem nice but some of the prices are crazy.

My duck source of choice: Privett..... I have never bought directly from them, so I wouldn't know about their customer service, but all of my ducks from privett arrive healthy!

Back
Top Bottom