Well its another crying day for me

ginbart

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Bloomsburg, PA
I got up this morning and my temp was 110.
somad.gif
I lost 40 eggs I got form ebay which cost me over 70 dollars. I think I am done. This is so depressing. I was on day 7. I'm going to leave them in there. I allways wish and hope for the best but if I get nothing I'm taking the bator and burning it.
hit.gif
:thun
hit.gif
I just can't handle it. They came from Texas and took 6 days to get here. now I have nothing. sorry for crying I just needed to tell some one. My dh doesn't care. I knew you all would.

SO SORRY - What type of incubator are you using that the heat would have gone up so much over night???

Do you have kids/pets that could have moved the button/knob????

Little Giant. That's all I could find around here and could afford. We were not at home last night so my son could not have done it and I don't think he would. All I can think is when I added water or I wanted to candle one because I could not wait. I guess I'm wait now. Thank you all. Do you think I will see anything yet. They have been in since last Saturday?

Last edited:
Are you using a power strip to protect from power surges that would cause temp spikes?

What kind of thermometer are you using? maybe it is inaccurate???

I'm praying for a good hatch for you!!

Awww, dont give up. There have been others that have had a temp spike..and had a few hatch from them still! You might not get a "great hatch" but dont give up on the ones that still might come through. Waite another 7 days....then candle.

I'm hoping it isnt as bad as you think, Ginger. Definitely put a surge protector on that bator and at night, be sure the adjustment lever is covered so cooler temps can't transfer through the metal into the wafer. Crossing fingers for you.

Edited to add: If you are at Day 7 or 8, you can certainly candle the eggs to see if any seem to be moving or if the veins are intact. If you see blood rings, then the peeps expired and the blood has left the embryo. Hopefully, you'll see a couple move and know all is not lost.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom