Well, it's been a good coat

Buster

Back to Work
12 Years
Jan 4, 2008
The Frozen Wasteland of Idaho
I'm retiring a coat today. I've used it as a work coat for years. You can see the denim patches DW sewed on the sleeves and on the front. There is a tear on the back from a barbed wire fence. She patched the coat two or three years ago while we were still living on the farm. It's to the point that it needs patching again and at this point, I think it's done.

Farewell to a great coat that has been with me through many a chore.

5570_dsci0693.jpg

5570_dsci0696.jpg

dude, my brothah, get yourself a new carhardt for crying out loud. shoot, i feel like i should chip in just from looking at it.

i'm afraid to see what your work boots look like!
tongue2.gif

Quote:
The hardware store in town carried tons of Carhart, they are also having all their stuff on sale now! I would be happy to pick one up for you and send it. That thing just looks sad!
Seriously, if you want me to stop and look, they are generally marked down a bunch by now.

Quote:
Funny you should mention that. While I'm working, I usually go through a pair of boots every three months. Last year, I found a pair of Georgia Boots that were waterproof and insulated. I wore them all summer (heat rash on the feet and all) and the only thing that happened was the lining wore out so I took them into the shoe repair guy today and he'll have them patched up for me by tomorrow.

I have a "new" Carhardt. I bought it four years ago as my "nice" coat. It's next in the rotation.

Quote:
The hardware store in town carried tons of Carhart, they are also having all their stuff on sale now! I would be happy to pick one up for you and send it. That thing just looks sad!
Seriously, if you want me to stop and look, they are generally marked down a bunch by now.

How much are they marked down to now? I'm in the market for another nice coat and I have PayPal.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom