Well, it's been a good coat

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Buster, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Buster

Buster Back to Work

I'm retiring a coat today. I've used it as a work coat for years. You can see the denim patches DW sewed on the sleeves and on the front. There is a tear on the back from a barbed wire fence. She patched the coat two or three years ago while we were still living on the farm. It's to the point that it needs patching again and at this point, I think it's done.

Farewell to a great coat that has been with me through many a chore.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rocktheflock

rocktheflock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    SW Ohio
    naah, its still got life in it. [​IMG]

3. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Just needs a little duct tape!

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    dude, my brothah, get yourself a new carhardt for crying out loud. shoot, i feel like i should chip in just from looking at it.

i'm afraid to see what your work boots look like! [​IMG]

5. only one lay

only one lay Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    litchfield mi
    so long and farewell trusted friend

6. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:The hardware store in town carried tons of Carhart, they are also having all their stuff on sale now! I would be happy to pick one up for you and send it. That thing just looks sad!
    Seriously, if you want me to stop and look, they are generally marked down a bunch by now.

7. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:Funny you should mention that. While I'm working, I usually go through a pair of boots every three months. Last year, I found a pair of Georgia Boots that were waterproof and insulated. I wore them all summer (heat rash on the feet and all) and the only thing that happened was the lining wore out so I took them into the shoe repair guy today and he'll have them patched up for me by tomorrow.

I have a "new" Carhardt. I bought it four years ago as my "nice" coat. It's next in the rotation.

8. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:The hardware store in town carried tons of Carhart, they are also having all their stuff on sale now! I would be happy to pick one up for you and send it. That thing just looks sad!
    Seriously, if you want me to stop and look, they are generally marked down a bunch by now.

How much are they marked down to now? I'm in the market for another nice coat and I have PayPal. [​IMG]

9. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

Looks to me like it is just getting broke in.

I have a carhartt coat, looks just about like that one. I've had it for more years than I can remember.

10. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Hey Jared...how the heck did you get one of my hubby's chore coats??!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by