well my one chick didnt hatch

orlandoluv1

Songster
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
spring valley , CA
well i lost my last chick on day 21. this has to be the hardest one to lose because i was so close. well maybe i will have better luck next time with a better incubator. if any one is thinking about getting a chic bator please dont. there is no way to keep temps stable and they are really not worth the trouble. please take my word for it. well anyhoo thank you for all that helped especially you hypnofrog, and Miss P you guys were great and i really learned a lot.

I know the feeling... it's worse that they make it that far. At day 21 it's so much more than an embryo, especially once you've seen the egg rolling and hear the peeping through the shell... Sorry for your loss.

I'm letting my hen hatch the next one.

I am so sorry. I hope you save and invest in a good bator. Paint that one silver and tie some bottle rockets to it. Boom! you made your own spaceship

awww...I am so sorry you lost your chick. Like the others said, Don't give up! Get a better bator and try again.
hugs.gif

Mitzi

is it totally ridiculouse that i want to cry right now.! i opened up the egg and he was a cutie black silkie. this si so depressing. how do you try again after this. i feel like i would be too scared to try again.

I hold it all in and try again. Its tough but you always have to try and try. Just wait for a bit and buy a new bator. I hope your next batch goes well

P.S. I won the half baked movie off ebay.

When you fall off of the horse you have to get right back on. There is something to learn in a failed hatch that will help you with the next hatch.

Ohhh, I am so sorry you lost your chick. That is so sad. Maybe try again, cause you got so close - even people that hatch alot of eggs at one time have losses, this little one may not have made it anyways - not something we do, but was going to happen anyhow? Get a more stable bator when you're ready. Take care

Back
Top Bottom