Well my RIR roo has finally done it!

If you have a juvie roo, you have a chance of being able to work with them. They are still young and somewhat impressionable to learn who is the flock leader (YOU). Never leave a child near a rooster who is in any way questionable. Children should always be supervised with chickens anyway, for their safety. Even hens can get pretty cocky.

If he continues this nonsense, after attempts to control him, he should be put down. There is no room in anyone's care for aggressive roosters. Passing your aggressive rooster onto someone else just opens the door for liability. How do you know the next person who got him didn't have children? There are plenty of nice roos out there for homes, no one needs a nasty one unless they desire to keep it for their own personal reasons and keep it penned to protect others.

Jody

I have a rir rooster who thought that he was a big shot and tat he will do what ever he wants,till I red a text about rooster behavior and next day I went to the coop and grabed him from his feet and carried him upside down till he stopped yeling and became silent,since then every day I catch him for few minutes and just scare him a little to let him know that I am the Apha rooster ( the Boss) around here,also some times I take him and ground him byhimself in the other shed.
I am really thinking of getting red of him and never replace him with another rooster,I just don't know if that will be ok for my hen or not, and when it comes to fertiles eggs I always can go and buy some from my neiboughr.

Back
Top Bottom